CHAPTER 9

CHAPTER 9 

The next day, I woke up feeling pissed about what that douche bag did to me. I felt like calling him and giving him a piece of my mind, but how can I even do that when we're just friends? For the first time, I had to swallow my pride and just go with it. 

I went downstairs and found my dad sitting in the kitchen. He told me he had some news (like I needed more news! All I could think about was that Nadim had lied to me!) 

''Johnny, son, I have to talk to you about something'', he said in a soft voice. My father never talks in a soft voice unless it's bad news. I pulled up a chair and sat. 

''I need your help with the business. Why don't you stay and go off to college in the Summer? I really need you around here and you're the only one who really knows how to get things done.'' 

I looked at him with a face of ''what the fuck do you mean staying here until the summer!''. 

''But I'm all set for Spring semester... I can't stay here! I need to get the hell out of here'', I said, all worked up.  

''Well... If you want to go, then go. I'm just asking you to stay a little longer, but if you don't want to help me then I guess it's okay'', he replied in a more defensive manner. 

My father always had a way of backing me up against the corner when he wanted to get his way. 

I told him I would think about it. At that moment, all I could think of was when Nadim would call, how I would approach the subject of what happened last night. 

I took a long ass shower and got dressed up. It's a ritual for me whenever I get depressed; I throw on one of my good shirts, jeans, and try to look sharp.  

I got in my car and went to do the usual. After waiting and waiting, he finally calls. My heart starts racing, what the fuck is this guy doing to me? How can this fucking idiot ruin my day, and still make me shit bricks when he calls me now? 

I picked up the phone, sounding very calm "Hi Nadim, what's up?'' 

''Hi, John. What are you up to?'' 

''Nothing much'', I said, trying not to break down and give it to him. 

''Well... I'm calling to say that I am sorry about last night''. Oh my god, he's apologizing! What does this mean!? 

''I didn't mean what I said. I went out last night and had a bad time. I really want to change and you're the only person who can really help me. Can we go out tonight again?''.

I blushed, and thought whether or not I should accept. 

''Well, I don't know... I'm pretty busy right now.'' 

''Please. I know youre mad at me. I need to see you. Besides, I'm leaving soon, don't do this to me... Im gonna miss you so much...'', he replied. 

''Fine'', I answered. ''But I don't want to talk about what happened last night''. 

He picked me up and went for dinner. It was kind of weird at first, but then things just went smooth. We never touched the subject again.