OVA: Protecting the Waterfall Village :part two:

Part two of the special! :D

Enjoy. Please comment this time. I appreciate the votes and that I've probably lost a lot of my commenters with the lack of updates, but still. I'd rather have comments than votes :3

- - -

Naruto yelled out from the branch we stood on, hundreds of feet in the air. I balked, immediately clinging to the trunk of the tree, fighting not to squeal in terror.

"Don't think you can run around and do what you want!" Naruto shouted, smug, and leapt to grab a vine, swinging through the air. "For you are about to see the great Uzumaki Naruto in action-!!"

Naruto cut off as the vine snapped, sending him spiralling into the water of the lake below that surrounded the tree's base. Everyone else twitched. The missing-nins that had ahold of the villagers and our comrades watched with mild disbelief- probably wondering how such a clumsy idiot could possibly become a shinobi.

"Naruto, you idiot!" Sasuke yelled at him, and he surfaced, angry.

"What?! Shut up, Sasuke! At least I didn't get captured!" Naruto exclaimed back.

"No, but you did leave Sachi in a high place when she is terrified of heights!" Sasuke retorted, annoyed, and I pulled myself together enough to hide before the nukenins saw me. Sasuke hadn't mentioned my exact location, thankfully.

"Crap, I forgot!" Naruto exclaimed. I heard him yell, "Sorry, Sachi-chan!"

"Idiot..." I heard Sasuke finally mutter, and then tuned out, breathing hard to try and get ahold of my fear. I'd never been this far from the ground before. It was terrifying. But, from what I could hear, Naruto was getting the tar beaten out of him, so I was the only one left. Me, the girl who was terrified of heights and had only one working leg. Even Sakura would be able to do more than me in this situation.

"Hurry up, Shibuki... or this girl's gonna get it." I briefly risked a glance over the branch to see the head rogue ninja holding a kunai to Shizuku's throat. I gasped, but that caused me to lose my balance slightly. Terrified, I clutched the branch tighter, squeezing my eyes tight shut and locking my joints in place. My heart pounded and adrenaline coursed through my body, but I couldn't move. If I fell, I could really injure myself, especially in my condition. What was I even doing on this mission?!

I saw a bead of blood roll down the small girl's neck and swallowed, clinging to the vines that hung above the branch and quickly throwing myself off the branch with my eyes squeezed tight shut. It took all I had to curl myself into a ball mid-air and not scream my head off.

The water was cold as I landed with a splash, and quickly surfaced, gasping for air. I pulled myself onto the surface of the water using chakra, and launched a kunai at the rope that held Sasuke up. He managed to land on his feet- stupid well-balanced guy making me look bad. I'd never land on my feet from that fall. Always on my face.

I managed to balance myself, and swallowed my fear, resorting to a sort of animalistic, high speed crawl to travel since I really had no idea where my crutches were. I threw myself at the female (and somewhat whoreish) ninja that was one of the ones beating down on my blonde friend, knocking her off of her feet.

"What?!" she exclaimed, surprised, "Where the hell'd you come from?!"

"Leave my friends alone!" I exclaimed, punching her in the face, "Get your ass back to the ditch you came from, Skank!"

I landed repeated punches on her while she was still too shocked to move, until she finally pulled herself together and threw me off. She wiped blood from her split lip and smirked, clearly very pissed off.