Chapter 33

"You have got to be kidding me!" I tried not to yell, but I wasn't sure it worked well. It didn't matter anyway, everything had gone to Hell.

Everyone had weapons at the ready, turning on one another. No one had taken a shot or attacked yet, they were trying to figure out where the first shot had come from.

Two more went off from different parts of the room and that was when everyone started firing. They shot blindly into the air, at the walls, the ceiling, wherever. It was only a matter of time before another hit me.

I jumped and tried to pull away when something touched my wrists.

"Stop struggling, you're only making this more difficult," Isaac hissed from behind me.

I let out a sigh and Isaac unlocked the restraints, pulling me under the bar and behind the curtain. He led me through the labyrinth that was The Torch hallways, running as fast as the robes would let me go.

Something grabbed at my hand and twirled, throwing a punch. My hand was grabbed, and I swung the one the person had tried to grab, landing a punch in the gut. Pain flared up in my arm around the bullet with the contact.

The man grunted and I started to run when he grabbed me. I tried to fight him off, but he grabbed my hands and pushed me against the wall, the breath rushing from my lungs with the impact. As soon as his fingers intertwined with mine, I knew who it was.

Those brown eyes burned into my own, just inches away. My breath shook as it came back in slowly.

It was five seconds that felt like an eternity; an eternity of fire raging inside. Five seconds way too long before his lips met mine and the heat engulfed me completely. His hands left mine, going to my face, and mine ran through his now-shaggy hair, ignoring the stinging pain I felt.

"I don't mean to interrupt, but if they haven't noticed you're gone yet, then they will soon."

Jared pulled back and tucked my hair behind my ear.

"Let's go." He grabbed my hand and we ran down after Isaac.

We ended up back at the locker room.

"Shouldn't we be getting out of here?" I asked as the door shut behind us.

"No. We aren't running anymore," Jared said.

"We're fighting our way out, and we aren't leaving until the last person who follows any Klarke goes down." Isaac locked the door.

"You do realize I have a bullet in my arm, right?"

"Yeah, sorry about that," a familiar voice said from around the corner. "I anticipated her hand going up. I was trying to be proactive." Durin stepped out and threw a set of clothes my way. "You're going to need to get out of those robes and into something a little more comfortable," he mocked, bringing up when I'd told him my outfit had been extremely comfortable and fit for hunting.

"You can fight with a flesh wound, right?" He winked at me.

I shook my head with a smile and went around one of the corners, changing into the new clothes.

"So what's the plan?" I asked as I changed.

"A little of this, a little of that," Jared said. I could hear the smile in his words.

"Very specific, wolf boy." I rolled my eyes and pulled the shirt down.

"We've got some friends."

Everything shook around us.

I wrapped the robes tie around my arm over the wound and tied it tight to slow and hopefully stop the bleeding, and then went back out.

"I believe that would be one of the Sisters of Wilde," Isaac said looking toward the door.