Chapter 14: Blood In, Blood Out

Aaliyah's P.O.V

"Why do you have full pulp orange juice?" Flynn asked me, peeking his head out of the refrigerator.

"Parker went shopping for me," I responded, tossing a fistful of popcorn in my mouth.

"That explains it," he responded, placing the carton of juice on the counter.

I turned to watch him. "What are you doing?"

"I'm getting rid of the pulp," he said, straining the juice and pouring it into a small mug.

"Okay," I said, shaking my head, "I've got work to do, so shush."

"Whatcha doin?" he asked, flopping down on the couch next to me.

I glared at him but resumed typing. "I'm working on the annual 'See Blue' Gala plans."

"Oh god, not that again," Flynn said with a sigh.

"Well, it is. And you're going this year, I already decided."

The door swung open and I sighed, letting my head fall on the couch with a thump.

"So have you met the new desk guy?" Josh asked, striding in and heading straight for the kitchen.

"Yeah, Javian right? Oh my god, he's so hot," I responded, taking a sip of my coffee.

Josh's mouth dropped. "You too?"

"What?" I asked playfully with a shrug.

"Trish is obsessed with him. He's not even that attractive," Josh said with a sigh.

"Jealous much?" Flynn asked, putting his arm around my neck as I giggled.

"Apparently she says I've been acting like a dick lately," Josh admitted.

"Well you kinda have," I added.

He looked at me surprisedly. "You too huh?"

"You texted her saying 'not today, busy'. No smiley face, no babe, nothing."

"She showed you my text?" Josh asked.

I snorted. "Rule number one, kiddo. Don't send cryptic texts to women unless you want 20 other women taking a look and decoding it as well."

Josh sighed. "I don't even know what to do, honestly. She is just being so strange all of a sudden."

I shrugged. "Maybe it's you."

Josh sighed. "Whatever, I've got training in an hour. Flynn are you training with Jonah or Marcus today?"

Flynn shook his head as Josh walked towards the kitchen. "Marcus."

"Why the fuck do you have full pulp orange juice?" Josh asked. peeking his head out from behind the fridge.

"Parker," Flynn and I responded in sync.

The door swung open for the third time.

"Yeah, I'm getting fired," I admitted, shutting my laptop.

"Hey! What's going on in here?" Drake asked. He leaned over, kissing the top of my head lightly. I pushed him away.

"Full pulp orange juice party. Wanna join?" Josh asked.

Drake raised his eyebrows. "Yeahhhh, no. I'd rather not."

I laughed. It had been a while since Drake had hung out with us and it felt natural to have him joking around with us again.

"Oh fuck, Josh we've gotta bounce man," Flynn said jumping off the couch.

I gave him a look. He pointed to his watch. "Training."

I nodded and watched as they both blew me kisses and they ran out the door.

I turned my attention towards the only other person in the room at that point. Drake.

"So how's that whole, 'getting out of the gang' going for you?" I asked him as he snuggled up next to me on the couch. I felt the muscles in his arm ripple.

"Can we just forget about that?" he asked me. I shook my head.

He sighed, leaning his head back against the seat. "Its blood in blood out."

I raised an eyebrow. When he made no motion that he was going to explain what this meant to me I nudged him.

"And that means..." I trailed off.

"You kill to get in and you are killed before you try to get out."

"Oh damn."

"Yeah. Do you understand my dilemma now?"

I sighed, covering my eyes with my hands. "Damn it Drake you got yourself into a hell of a lot of trouble."

He hung his head in shame. "I haven't gone to the last 3 meetings. I don't pick up their phone calls."

I stared at him in awe. "Drake, you're risking your life for me."

"I would do anything for you, Liyah," he whispered, holding me close to him. "Anything."