Chapter 5: Laser Tagging and an Unexpected Kiss

Thank you all for your comments! Please let me know about the things I asked you in the beginning of chapter 4! Your response is really appreciated.

I didn't see Drake again until the next morning, when he came waltzing in like there was no issue with him not responding to any of my texts or calls.

He seemed to have forgotten and so I let it go. Whatever.

I had way too much on my mind anyway.

It was officially 3 days till the big day: our first game.

We had a clean slate, a 0-0 record. Our first competitors were the Minnesota Timberwolves, a fairly easy to beat team but I had persuaded the boys to not be too confident : that was when we ended up losing the worst.

I was nervous for my first game. Not that I would ever show it. It was scary to see the boys make crazy shots and fall. To me, every move they made could be the end of their career.

I was also not ready to split the cozy arrangement that we had already. Heavy Duty training had begun a few days ago for the boys and it became pretty clear that they needed to be well rested every day, so they were sleeping in their own houses now. It was sad for me to be alone, but it was also nice to have the house to myself. What I hated the most was we barely had time to spend together anymore. I was constantly busy taping ankles and checking for concussions to meet up with the boys when they were free, and it seemed like whenever I was free the boys were busy. I had gotten attached to them, it was true. They were the older brothers that I never had, the overprotective ones who drove you crazy with their love.

We were currently all sitting on the couch, one on top of another. Elliot had his arm wrapped around my shoulder.

We were having a lazy day. Practice had ended at two, Elisa was at daycare, and nobody had any other plans that night. It was perfect.

"What should we do?" I asked the boys.

"I dunno," Josh said, obviously with no interest in leaving his spot on my couch with his fat ass parked in front of the t.v.

Josh spoke up suddenly. "If we do something, though, we have to wait for Trish. Her shift ends in a half hour."

I laughed. "Wow, Joshie," I said pinching Josh's cheeks, "Now you're memorizing her work schedule?"

Flynn joined in. "A little stalkerish, aren't we child?"

Josh's cheeks flushed bright red. "I just remembered that she gets off early on Sundays. And it's not like we like each other or anything."

I pursed my lips. "Bullshit, you retard. She's waiting for you to make the first move. So get your act together and ask her out on a date. Both of you act fucking retarded like you have no idea that she like you or anything," I ranted.

"How about we go laser tagging!" Josh said, trying to obviously change the subject. "Laser tagging sounds like fun!"

Drake laughed at his lame attempt at changing the subject. "Nice try, man, but Liyah's not letting you off that easy."

I nodded. Parker and Flynn, however, began talking about a cool laser tagging place further past the city. They both climbed off the couch, Josh following them.

Before Josh could make it any further I grabbed his collar and dragged him towards me. I had to stand on my tiptoes to reach his ear, but I did it anyway.

"We'll finish this conversation later," I whispered.

He nodded. "Fair enough."

------------------