1: Start of last semester

Serena's POV

I jerked up as soon as my alarm clock started playing 'Cheerleader'. I sighed and groaned as I stepped into my bathroom.

I stepped into my shower and started it and washed my hair with Strawberry Shampoo. I took my Lavender Body Wash from my cabinet and washed my body with it.

I heard a knock at my bathroom door and I jumped in fear of it being my father I case he came to hurt me.

"Serena! Hurry up! Ryan and I have been waiting for ages!" A voice said who I could only recognize as my best friend Mia.

"Coming, also can you get me a shirt, sweater and shorts from my wardrobe?" I asked as I dried myself.

"Don't forget your underwear and bra!" Mia laughed as I smiled when I stepped out of my bathroom.

I put on my clothes and put on my black converse. I grabbed my galaxy bag and threw it over my shoulder.

I put Eyeliner and Peach flavoured lip gloss on. I always put it on as it matches the color of my lips and I don't like colored lip gloss much.

I locked my house and turned around and hugged my boyfriend Ryan Reeves.

"H..hey Serena.." Ryan stuttered unknowingly.

"Hey!" I greeted happily.

I seen Mia giving Ryan and death stare that would have been equal to just stabbing him then shooting him.

"Tell her." Mia growled.

Mia was always over protective over me. She would never let anyone hurt me without at least some consequence.

"Tell me what..?" I asked out of fear.

"Its just...I need more time to study and we are always together so can we have a long distance relationship?" Ryan asked as his ears perked up.

Whenever Ryan lied his ears would perk up and I would immediately know what he was lieing to me.

"Hmph!" Mia sighed annoyingly.

"O..okay.." I sighed.

I smiled at Ryan and seen that he gave me forced smile. I was starting to get worried. Why isn't he giving me genuine smiles anymore.

He gave me genuine smiles during the first 12 months of our relationship, but why not anymore. We walked past the kid park that I used to play with my parents at. You see my Mom and Father divorced so i was left with my abusive father. My mother left at the first two months of Freshman Year. Now I'm in my Sophomore Year.

I forced one back as I walked toy locker. I opened my locker, grabbed my books and waited by the locker for the bell to ring. I looked through my contacts on my phone because I was going call Mia. I stopped on the contact known as 'Jacob'. I hesitated to go down but finally went to Mia's name and called her.

"Hello?" She asked.

"Hey, do we have Maths together with Ms. Daniels?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'm already there. Where are you?" She sighed.

"I'm at my locker. I'll be there soon. Bye!" I giggled as I hung up.

I walked through the sea of students and bumped into someone.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" He spoke as he picked up my books.

I looked at him and he was tall, muscular, blonde and had brown eyes. He helped me up and I smiled at him.

"Are you new here?" I asked.

"Yeah. The names Jesse Phelps. From New York. What about you, what's your name?" He asked politely.

"I'm Serena Winters. Born in Cali but raised here." I laughed.

He laughed with me and we both smiled. He word be perfect for Mia. Polite, friendly, handsome and helpful.

"So, Miss Winters. Do you know where Class C-456 is?" He asked.

"Of course. Follow me and I'll take you to it." I said as I took my books from his hands.

We walked through the sea of students and talked and laughed.

"So are you a footballer or something?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah. I was Captain of the Deliliah High School team." Jesse laughed slightly.

We stopped in front of his class and said bye. I told him to look for me at the Lunch Pavilion at lunch and he could have lunch with me, Mia and Ryan.

I was already TEN MINUTES LATE! Oh no! This is bad. I rushed to the bathroom as I felt horribly ill and then threw up. I checked my phone as it rang. It read 'Miamoo😍'. I answered it and heard shrieking.

"Where the fuck are you hoe!" Mia yelled/whispered into the phone jokingly.

"At the goddamn bathroom being ill and sick.." I sighed while being nauseous.

"Oh well. Ms. Daniels has done the register and I told her that you were late. Is that okay?" Mia asked.

"Yeah. That's fine. I'm so goddamn sick. Please tell her I'll be there soon. I don't want marks off of my report." I sighed as I hung up.

Mia's POV

I sighed as Serena hung up. I raised my hand before Ms. Daniels started her lecture.

"Yes Miss Bennett?" Ms. Daniels questioned.

"Serena said that she would be here soon." I replied.

"Ah. Alright. I'll give her 5 minutes or I'll take mark off of her report." Ms. Daniels sighed sadly.

I knew Ms. Daniels was fond of Serena and would be sad if she took marks off of her star student. What could i say? Serena was a straight A student. It would suck if she had 5 marks taken off because she was late due to feeling ill. Guess I will be alone until she comes back from the bathroom. She's always getting distracted easily so it wouldn't surprise me if she came 5 minutes before the second bell. She's done it before in Freshmen Year. I usually got B's or sometimes A's in tests, exams and essays. So my parents were usually happy and nice to me. Anyway guess I'll just have to listen to the lecture.