Anonymous Submission

When I was little I never really understood why people commit suicide, but as I grow up more and more is revealed.

People do it because of stress, because of their figure, because their being bullied, because they are being harmed, because they feel like they aren't worth much....

There is so so much more I could add to the list.

I ask all of you to remember humans are fragile, our bones break just as easily as our will.

Have you ever gotten a paper cut?

It's from something so weak ,simply erasing pencil marks could tear it, yet it leaves a painful cut that stings and bleeds.

All it takes is a single tap to push an unbalanced soul off a cliff .

As I am familiar with the ways of the world I have come to realize these truths.

However what pains me the most is not the souls who succeed in suicide, it's the souls that don't.

Suicide is painful. From a medical standpoint attempted suicide injuries are some of the most painful and hard to fix.

They damage you forever, they leave scars and render people even more insecure than before.

The burns, the cut flesh, the hangings, the gunshots, the overdoses, the self poisonings.

So many eyes void of life.

Have you ever seen the eyes of a victim?

Their eyes are cold and dark, the color more devastating than the scars of the person.

I wish I could I see all of it, all the pain and suffering.

Half of me just wants to run to them and cradle them, telling them you are wanted. You are loved.

The other half wants to ask them a question.

'Why?'

'Why would you kill yourself when times are hard?'

'Don't you know if you kill yourself when times are bad, you will never live to see the joys of life?'

'It's foolish, killing yourself to relieve all the pain....half the time it doesn't even work, it leaves you with scars and memories

no one wants to have.' 'Life isn't something you can escape from, you may be releasing your pain and anguish, but your life has come in contact with others.' 'Are you absolutely sure your parents won't be devastated?' 'What about your friends and classmates? No matter who you are, or how little you think you are, your life has your life has touched others.' 'Do you see that sun rising? Count how many sun rises you have seen. Count how many stars in the sky. Count the blades of grass outside. Insane right? It would take forever? Yes that's right, it would take a while. And maybe in that while you could find something to live for, something to make you keep moving forward.' But I can't reach out to everyone, so please. Please, I'm begging you. Give someone a compliment every day. Do something, anything, make sure the people understand that they are worth something, that they aren't forgotten. If you still aren't convinced, put your right hand on your left chest. Keep it there for a while. Do you feel that? That thumping feeling? That's your heart. Look down, you see your hands right? It is more than a one in a million chance that you were created. That specific sperm had to fertilize that specific egg. That egg had to divide properly into more cells And most of all, your mother could have chosen to abort you. It was her choice to let you live or die, and she chose to give you life. Don't ever say you aren't cared for, she cared enough to let you live.

yHg!n"