Planning

I knew I could win, somehow. I had to get the people of district 4 to vote for me and for the water landscape. My siblings and mother came in one more time, looking slightly more optimistic.  

"Mom." I began. "I need to go into the arena. I can win, I know it. But you need to get the district to vote for me, and vote for the water landscape. That's the only way I will win."

A look of doubt and worry crossed her face, but before she could say anything, I started talking again. "Please, mom, you have to! tell Cory that I want to go in. I'm strong, and im a great swimmer, and I use a knife pretty well. I am sure I can try other weapons too, Mom, so don't be worried. I can do this, I promise. " I finished, hoping I sounded confident and in control.  

She looked me in the eyes and said, "Okay, sweetie. I'-I'll try. I know I can get everyone to vote for the water, trust me. And I will try to get everyone to vote for you, I really will." 

"Time is up! " The Peacekeepers announced.  

She wrapped me in her arms, and I laid my head on her shoulder.. I knew she would get me in the games.  

And I knew I could win. 

Challie comes into the room with Cory and announces that we are leaving. She leads us to the train.  

I gasped. it was enormous. I mean, I was used to living in a good condition, but this was fantastic! there was an enormous television, a plush rug, a huge couch that was very comfortable, and several massage chairs. past that were the bedrooms, one that said "girl" and one that said ''boy.'' I, obviously, went in the girl's one.  

My room was huge! 

I mean, my family is better off than some of the people in District 4, so we have, as I mentioned before, a nice home, better than some. this room, however, was around as big as half of our house! it had a massive closet, filled with garments of every size, color, pattern, and material. I undressed and got into the shower. I actually had a whole bathroom to myself, which was a nice change considering my home in District 4 had only 2 bathrooms.  

I turned the water on, after struggling a bit. There were a lot of controls, from water pressure to size to scent. Some of the settings were normal, like powerful jets of water that poured down hard onto my back, water droplets flying everywhere. there was even one that was just a heavy mist and one that mimicked rainfall, all the water coming from the ceiling. I eventually chose a waterfall setting. A wide stream of water poured in a lilly-scented cascade from a slit in the ceiling, flowing over me. 

I got out feeling very refreshed, donned a light gray sweatshirt and some blue jeans, and sat on my bed. I wondered what to do, so I began exploring my room. There were some books in a shelf on the left side of the enormous, luxurious bed. I saw a remote by the headboard,  pressed a button,  and a television popped out of the wall above my dresser, along with one more drawer. Curious about the drawer and it's contents, I walked over and pulled,  opening the drawer to find tapes of the previous years.

I began watching them, figuring out helpful tricks in various climates, how to find traps, and helpful ways to recognize threatening tributes.

After watching television for hours (or so it seemed) Challie came to call me to dinner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey guys, sorry it is so short and boring. I will have the results in the next chapter, to be called: results (gee, wonder how I got that? *sarcasm*) So how do my few readers like it so far? Sorry it took so long to update.

~ Hogwarts_wallflower 

P.S. anyone want to guess why Cerulean has those powers? hint: book crossover