The Boy tribute

"Cory Tanner" Challie announced.

My heart sunk even further and my eyes began to tear.

I saw Cory, his face full of worry and sadness, stepping up onto the stage. I looked farther back and saw my mother, her face buried in one of her friend's shoulders, and the lady patting her head, hugging her, and speaking reassuringly. I saw some of my siblings friends hugging them and trying to comfort them, as Abby bawled and Manta tried to be brave.

"Oh, my. Now this is a doozy." Challie said worryingly, glancing back and forth at us, our broad shoulders, square jaws, and straight noses, and making the connection: That we were siblings.

How could I kill my brother? He was my very best friend. I couldn't do this.

"You are siblings, aren't you? Well, any volunteers for either of the tributes?" Challie asks hopefully.

Again, dead silence.

"Wait, this might be against the rules. Check the rules, please! see if siblings can be together." I plead. "You can't make me fight my brother!"

"Well, this is the 25th Hunger Games, maybe it can be a special occasion. I will contact the Capitol immediately." Challie says. "Until then, we will have times to say goodbye, unless we can work something out."

What are they going to do?

I do not care about the cameras, I run to Cory, hug him, and we cry in each other's arms.