Chapter 2

A/N: I really can't decide whether to make this a one-shot or not. :( :/ :) :D If ya wanna have more Jeyna, do read. :) If ya like how it ended, don't. :D

"You mentioned you'd like to stay at Camp Jupiter for the summer." Piper spoke in a low voice, almost whispering.

"Yes..." I slowly lifted my gaze to her. "I'd like to know who I was before Hera took my old life." I began to frown.

We were sitting by the grassy strawberry fields. We'd always find peace and solace here. I badly needed some relaxation because of the stress I gained from the recently ended school days.

With such serenity, it's hard to think this is part of a training camp for warriors.

Last time I'd been to Camp Jupiter, I said sorry to Reyna. Still, I think my apology wasn't enough. I had caused too much pain. All because I was a coward.

"I forgive you, even if you abandoned this camp you called home and never even tried to remember your past."

Her words keep repeating in my mind every time a memory of my former life is remembered and when I get nightmares. It didn't make me feel any less guilty.

"I feel bad that I didn't even care to reunite with my old friends, my home..." I continued, keeping my eyes on hers. "And my old self."

She gave me a sly smile. She hid her emotions very well.

Piper put a hand to my cheek and said, "Go. It's fine." She chortled. "You think I'd have a boring summer without you, Sparky? The food won't go away from camp."

I laughed. "Thank you for understanding, Pipes. I just want to be sure for once."

Sadness etched across her face. She got a bit tense, too. Then, she took up the space separating us and kissed me.

I felt desperation and hope from her. I know she wouldn't want to lose me; she's afraid. I know she also wants me to find myself on my own and I am grateful she did not take offense.

"Don't worry, I'd still be here. I'll be going to Camp Jupiter tomorrow." I gave her the best smile I could muster.

She smiled back and hugged me. "I'll miss you, Sparky."

"I'll miss you too."

After a while I headed back to my cabin because the Aphrodite Cabin, of course including Piper, was assigned to clean the stables. I guess I better pack my stuff now.

I packed only a few Camp Half-Blood t-shirts and 4 pairs of pants. I added my underwear, socks and several toiletries to the backpack too. I planned to bring both of my remaining shoes too.

Afterwards, I went to sleep and dreamed of the time Reyna first called me her best friend.