Sweet Memories... Wait a minute...

"We'll be back before you know it!" my little sister, Eve, called out into the darkness. I nodded and came inside, relaxing for a moment.

We were taking a midnight run through the woods, and i planned to take a little route she didn't expect. She would gasp at how amazing it is.

We changed into our wolf forms, mine snow white and hers smoke gray. We ran into the forest without a backward glance, and the moon shone above us, lighting our path.

I was in the lead, and she followed me through thick underbrush and dense humidity. "We're not going to the lake, are we?" she asked me quietly as we sprinted way off course to the lake, but that was my plan.

"Yes." i whispered. We were only a few more miles from it, but Eve started panting like crazy. "Are you alright?" i asked her. She gasped to breath and shook her head, and i decided to stop and let her rest.

She layed down panting next to and old gray rock. I sat next to her and whimpered. Were we going to fast? Had i been so excited to get to the place that i had run a little too fast for her to keep up with?

"Let's keep going." she said after a while. I sighed in relief. She looked much better now that she had rested up a bit.

We got up to run, but a growl made us whirl around to see a big reddish brown wolf tower over us. And he wasn't looking to escort us to wonderland, i knew that.

Looks like Eve knew as well, because she yelled out a warning bark and bolted. I chased after her, but i heard the pounding steps and the heavy breathing behind me. A cold chill settled in my heart and i gasped, hoping that he wasn't an enemy wolf. Had we went past the border into enemy territory? It surely looked like he didn't want to invite us to tea with the Mad Hatter.

I felt like we were running a marathon that if you lost, you died. I was surely getting tired and i new Eve ws worse because she had asthma, but we still kept pushing ourselves, determined to outrun this enemy wolf.

I smelled us go into our territory, but i still heard paws behind me. A chill went down my spine. He's an intruder. I howled a help call, and that made the wolf grow angry. He didn't want backup to help us.

Eve helped me and howled along with me. It died down sooner than i thought it would.

The intruder pushed his legs faster until he was only a tail length away from me. Then he pounced on top of me and started to bite and claw me.

Well i wasn't having any of that bullshit.

I head-butt his chest and he grunted. I bite his neck, suffocating him. But he was stronger than me and with ease pulled my jaw from his neck.

Eve howled and charged at the wolf. A glimmer of hatred was in her eyes as her claws connected with his back. The wolf quickly got off of me and howled in pain. He started bucking like a wild horse.

Eve was still clinging on though, so he jumped and landed on his back, squashing her. I growled at him. How dare he! I charged at him and went full rage on him. I wasn't holding back.

He got off of Eve, who was now still, and wasn't breathing. Tears stung in my eyes. He suffocated my sister.

He suffocated Eve.

I howled with pain and then growled with rage as i launched myself onto him and fought like the red queen's dragon-like-thing.

Then a howl of help came. Hope surged in my heart as i saw my parents come to finish him off. They saw Eve and gasped with shock and pain. My mother fell to the ground, her heart attack quietly and quickly killed her.

A big tear rolled down my cheek and the rogue wolf used this advantage to jump on top of me, his weight crushing me, and fight desperately.

My father howled with rage and bolted into the intruder. They rolled in the grass in a little ball. They were curled up against each other, fighting to the death.

My father was old and frail, and his bones were quick to snap. Even though we werewolves heal quickly, the wolf finished him off before he had time to heal. Then the intruder turned to me, a wild gleam in his eye.

I howled in pain for my father's death. My whole family, gone. Just in a day. I looked down to the ground in defeat as he charged at me with brute strength.

Then another howl filled the air and a group of elite wolf warriors burst into the clearing. They growled ferociously at him and he growled back, but he knew that he was outmatched and outnumbered. He ran away that night, and i never saw him again.