Prologue

Natsu nervously shook in fear and tugged onto the hem of his light blue overalls. He looked up and was met with a scowl. His father's features were sharp and his lips were in a thin straight line.

He had been caught.

He quickly sat up and closed his eyes, ready for any sort of punishment, whether it be verbal or physical. He was supposed to be studying, but he had slacked off and slept after procrastinating.

"Do you not understand?" his father began, his face red from anger, "You are completely useless to me, unless you become the best. And only until you become the best, is when you will be ready to become the next heir." his deep voice echoed into the large room, his deep onyx eyes matching his son's.

He nodded and kept apologizing. The man walked away after scolding him, "Remember, your mom wouldn't have loved you, if you keep on acting like this." he said not bothering to face his son.

The small salmon haired boy stared at his retrieving figure, with wide eyes. He began thinking and tried convincing himself that his father was lying. He couldn't convince himself. He gave in and believed he was at fault. He looked outside the window and gently placed his hand on the glass.

"I'm sorry I'm a disappointment." And with that, he returned back to his work.

xXx

The blonde girl waved farewell to her driver, Loke, and walked inside campus. The wind gently stroked her long hair, and the sun made her smooth skin glow. Some would even give her stares with welcoming smiles, and her heart felt at ease. Her father had decided that she needed to be with people around her age, so he allowed her to go to high school, wishing the best for her.

Her face blushed with embarrassment as the stares increased with each step she took. Had she worn her clothes backwards? She couldn't have, she tripled check herself in front of the mirror in the morning.

She looked around and back down at the map she had in her hand. She made her way to the office, where she was greeted by a beautiful silver haired woman.

"Welcome! Are you perhaps the new student?" she questioned with a smile on her lips. Lucy nodded, "Yes. My name's Lucy." she happily stated, as she started playing with her long blonde hair that was naturally straight.

"My name is Mirajane, and if you have any questions you can ask me. If you continue down the hall and take a left, you will come across the principal's office. He is waiting for you down there." she grinned, making her ocean blue eyes glimmer.

Lucy thanked her and headed down the hall. She opened the door, and looked around, not noticing anyone in the room. "Over here." she heard a deep voice say.

She walked closer, to where the brown leather chair was turned away, facing the window that reflected outside. The chair spun, and she was slightly frightened when she didn't see anyone sitting on it.

"Down here." she looked down and was met with a kind looking, short, old man. "My apologies." she bowed.

"Don't worry about it kid! Anyways you're Mr.Heartfillia's child right?"

She nodded, "Could I actually be known as just 'Lucy', I'm worried my last name will have an impact on the way people look at me." she asked, not wanting too much attention on her.

"Why of course!", he took a sip of the wine that was in his hand, "Anyways, here's your schedule, I believe y-", the door slamed opened where a salmon haired boy came panting in.

"Gramps! Why am I in the same class as that damn per-," he averted his eyes, and was met with curious light brown ones, he looked at her and back at the principal, "Who's she?" he bluntly asked.

The old man hopped off the chair with a cane in his hand, and smacked the salmon haired boy on his bottom with it, "Have some manners boy!" he sighed as he brought his cane down, "This is Lucy, she's a new student. I was going to send her off to look for her class, but seeing as you're here, go show her around." he glared at the salmon haired boy.

He whined in annoyance, "I don't wan-", the old smacked him again, "Natsu..." he started as he glared at him, making Natsu gulp and give in, "Alright."

He looked over at Lucy, but the bell rang, interrupting him from his thoughts. "Shit! We're gonna be late for this damn bullshi-", he took Lucy's hand and ran out, making Lucy slightly blush in the process.