Chapter 2

"no way!" I shouted erupting into laughter.

"I'm telling you, Quil threw up all over his prom date, it was all in her hair and everything" he cracked up laughing.

"I can't believe I missed that!" I shouted. We were both crying with laughter. Quil always Did the most stupid things. He was funny without even trying.

"when are Quil and Embry getting here anyway " I asked.

"in a bit" he smiled "intill then, do you want any help unpacking?" I looked at him In shock, he hated unpacking when he moved he made me come and do most of it for him, you don't want to know about some of the things I found.

"really? Why are you being so nice? What have you done?" I asked raisng an eyebrow at him. He just smirked took my bags and carried them to my room. I followed him. I looked around the room again , it made me uneasy to be in here again. I could remember every inch about this room. The floorboard that's loose under the wardrobe , that I'm pretty sure has a packet of cigarettes in The small space from when me and Embry thought it would be cool to try it. It was not. There's a packet of condoms taped to the bottom of the bed, where I hid them from my mum. She never found them. There's also a bottle of vodka around here somewhere. What can I say? I was a little bit of a rebel. We all were, we got upto no good and were always getting lectures from our parents about sticking by the rules. We thought we were amazing and could do anything and it would be cool. Turns out it wasn't really that way and I always ended up crying to my mum but she only knew half of it. She would be so ashamed. Especially about the way I lost my virginity, behind a van at a school dance with a guy I didn't even like very much. It was cold, painful and very shameful. Theres some things I wish I could just forget. I will never forget the look on jakes face when be found out. He wasn't angry he was disapointed which was way worse. It was likethe look I would expect my dad to have. He wouldn't talk to me for 2 days. It was exactly the same when he lost it. With the biggest slut of all might I add. That was in the past now. This was a fresh start.

"Hey where do you want this?" he asked holding up a photo frame with loads of pictures from When we were younger and from when I was away.

" put that above my bed" I smiled at the pictures from the old days. There was one in particular that stood out it was me and Leah laughing. I hadn't heard from Leah since I had left. Which was weird, she was besides Jake one of my oldest and best friends. We used to spend so much time together. She used to be a right laugh. Jake had told me about her dad but I didnt understand why she didn't ring me to talk. I would of thought I would of been one of the people she would want to talk to.

"have you heard from Leah lately?" I asked Jake as he hung the picture up making sure it was straight.

"oh yeah, I have heard a lot from her" he said irritated. "too much" he said so low under his breath I hardly heard. I thought it was best to drop the subject, he didn't seem to happy about it. Just as I was about to change the subject. The doorbell rang. I ran to the door, I could hear jakes howl of a laugh vibrate through the house as I did. I pulled the door open to see two muscular boys, that I could hardly recognise as Quil and Embry. Just like Jake, Embry had cut off his beautiful long hair. Which made me sad.

"what's up short stuff?" Embry mocked. I glared and turned to Quil to give him a huge hug. Quil laughed making his body shake against me.

"Jess, you little beauty, why have you been gone so long" he said squeezing me tighter. I pulled away.

"I'm here now aren't I" I smiled.

"do I get my hug now" Embry smirked. I pulled him into a hug squeezing him tightly. I pulled away and looked at them both. God that they had changed. I was really starting think they were all on steroids.

"you do know that steroids are bad for you" I laughed " they make certain things smaller, you know, things you really don't want smaller" I could contain the laughter anymore. They both glared at me. No sense of humour.

" yeah im sure you don't want Jake on steroids then" Quil winked. I just glared and walked away towards my room again.

"not funny Quil, we are friends, get over it" I snapped they always thought we were getting together. It wasn't happening. As much as I loved Jake and in the past I had thought about him in that way but it would complicate everything. I wouldn't want to end up losing him.

" try telling Jake that one" Quil chuckled.

" Quil stop , it's not like that and you know it " I snapped.

"I'm only joking jess, sorry" he said picking me up and spinning me round "Lighten up" he laughed . We went into my room. Jake was still trying to get the picture frame straight.

"look who I found" I smirked. He looked at Quil and then Embry they all shared a look, the kind of look that sent a message. There was something I was missing , but I had no idea what it was. I felt like the one not understanding the joke and being told that 'you had to be there'. Maybe it was nothing. Maybe I was making something of nothing. I must be. I shook it off.

" does anyone want a drink?" I asked Ignoring the looks that were being shared between eachother.

"yeah" they all said in unison.

"okay, I will be right back" I said taking one more look at them and disappearing into the kitchen.

Jake

"you owe me ten dollars" Quil smirked at Embry. Embry reluctantly took ten dollars and shoved it a smug Quil.

" so you made a bet on me? " I asked slightly hurt at the way my friends took my happiness.

" yeah , because I knew it was going to happen, you could see it mate" he smirked "hey I'm happy for you, now you can tell her and I couldn't see anyone being better for you" he smiled and gave me a man hug. I laughed.

" yeah nice one Jake, you two were made for eachother, get your mind off Bella as well" Embry smiled.

"Crap Bella , I will have to go tell her" I said, thinking how she would take it. I didn't know I'd she would be happy or upset. I was hoping happy. It was best if I went and told her today.

" Hey important thing is, you need to tell her" Quil said "soon" . I'm really nervous, what if she freaks out, what if she doesn't want me. How could she not? I'm her imprint, she wont be able to stay apart from me. She won't be able to resist it.