Chapter 13

Jess

Jake had been amazing throught this but I was dtill completely freaking out! I was to young to be having a baby and I was terrified of being a awful mother. Jake had tried to reassure me but I just couldn't stop worrying.

"babe, everything okay? " Jake asked concern filling his voice. I had been in the shower for about half an hour I was starting to feel like an oversized raisin. I thought if I stayed in he shower long enough it would just wash away all my worries.

"I'm fine, I'll be out in a second" I responded steping out of the shower and fastening a towel around myself. I opened the door to thd bedroom to find Jake stretched out on the bed flipping through a childcare magazine. 

"You should see some of the prams in here they look like spaceships" he chuckled showing me the picture of a futuristic pram, he wasn't wrong.

"isn't it a but early for looking at prams" I sighed sitting on the bed and facing away from him. This was all a bit much.

" Yeah I know I was just having a browse, what wrong baby?" he sighed wrapping his arms around my neck from behind me. "I know you're nervous but honestly everything is going to be fine I promise you"

I just didn't know if that was true anymore. we had only been together a short time and now we were going to be parents together. Not only that but Jake was a werewolf,  danger followed him and was bringing a baby into that the best idea.

"look at me" Jake persuaded, I turned to face him. Just looking into his eyes eased my nerves slightly. "what are you worried about?"

"what if a vampire turned up again? what if our baby got in the way and it got hurt?" I cried, hot tears began to roll down my cheeks. I just couldn't imagine if anything happened.

" I would never let anything happen to you or our baby, you must know that" Jake reassured me, wiping tears from my cheeks.

" I know I'm just scared, I am happy that we are going to have our own little family though" I smiled even if I didn't really believe in what I was saying. I needed time to come to terms with the idea that I was gonna be a mother.

Jake

I could see it in her eyes how scared she was even if she didn't think I noticed,  I was just as scared. i could tell her everything was going to be fine but I didn't even know that it would be. I was going to be a dad though and that was all that really mattered.

So far only Emily knew and I asked her to keep it to herself until I could tell my dad. Me and Jess  were going to tell him today, I knew he would be happy but I was still nervous.

"You know he is going to be so proud of you, I bet he will be so excited to be a grandad" Jess reassured as we sat outside in the truck. I took a deep breath before opening my door to get out. I walked around the otherside of the truck to help Jess out. She smiled and gave me a quick kiss.

"I love you, everything is going to be fine" she smiled holding out her hand to me. Dad had organised a family meal and I think tgat was what was making me nervous knowing that paul would be there mocking me.

"I love you too" I kissed her again, wrapping my arms around her and not wanting to let go. She pulled away smilling at me. We made our way to the front door and knocked. Dad opened the door grining at us both. Jess bent down to give him a hug.

"Son, I've missed you, it's been odd not having you around" he smiled. I felt so guilty as soon as he said it, I should never have left him.

"I've misded you too dad" I gave him a hug, feeling like a little boy that never wanted to leave his dads side.

"Well both of you come on in, Rachel has been cooking all day with Sue" he grinned pushing his chair into the kitchen. I was hit with the smell of beef cooking instantly. Charlie and Paul were sat around the table chatting about what I could only persume was fishing, Charlie tended to only have so many topics of conversation. 

" I would of been happy to help" Jess smiled.

"Don't you worry we have it all under control this time but next time we'll take you up on that"  Sue laughed. That gave me hope that she would fit into my family perfectly.  We sat down at the table, me next to Paul, who was stuffing his face with bread rolls.

"Anytime, I love to cook" Jess offered, she was obviously made for me because I loved to eat I thought.

"So son, what have you two been up to, I haven't seen you for a couple of days" Dad asked seeming to be disappointed.  I hated that I was upsetting him, I knew how alone he felt. I just couldn't stand leaving Jess, I felt like she needed protecting from everything , her and our baby.

"Actually we have some news Dad" I grinned looking at Jess and squeezing her hand under the table. Jess smiled up at me "Dad umm.. Jess.." I mumbled "Jess is pregnant" I finally announced.  Dad looked at me in shock, everyone was silent. Even Paul stopped mid mouthful.

"That's amazing news Jake, I am so happy for you " He grinned as he patted me on the back. I sighed with relief, thank god for that.

"Thanks Dad, I'm glad you're happy I was worried you might think we are too young" I admitted.  I was worried I didnt want to disappoint him.

"Maybe you are a little but I think you two can mange it, you are so good together. you have all of us here to help you" he smiled I had never seen him look more proud of me. I grinned kissing Jess's forehead,  I knew we could do this.

"Thanks I'm sure we'll take you up on that" Jess laughed. Everyone congratulated us and the Sue brang over all of the food.

.........................

Jess

I was so happy everyone had been so supportive,  I couldn't have felt more safe and helped.

"Hey babe, want any breakfast?" Jake yelled from the kitchen. He had decided he needed to look after me, even though I was completely capable.  He had become very protective which I loved but I also did want him to think I was weak and I wasn't independent.

"Yeah okay but I can make it" I said as I stepped into the kitchen. Jake was already cooking bacon. I don't think I had ever really seen him cook, I didn't hate it. He was amazing and the best person I had ever met, the fact he could cook was just a cherry on top.

"You sit down and relax, I've already started" He said turning round and kissing me softly.

"All I do is relax, let me help please, I'm not completely useless quite yet" I sighed getting out the plates and popping bread into the toaster.

" I know you aren't,  I just want to help baby" Jake sighed wrapping his arms round my waist and leaning his forehead on to mine. He looked down on me and smiled, how could I ever say no to him, argue with him, hate him. He was perfect and it made me nervous. What if I ever lost him, I don't think I'd ever cope.

"I know and I love you for it" I smiled kissing him softly, I pulled away and kissed him again and sgain on the cheek. "I love you so much" I smiled starting to tear up. Hormones would be the death of me.

"Babe I love you to but there is no need to cry, I know I'm amazing but its nothing to be sad about" he joked, i couldn't help but laugh he had a way of making anything better.

"Hormones are the worst" I giggled.

..................................

Hope you all liked this chapter, let me know what you think.