Chapter 1.

CHAPTER ONE.

All rights reserved 2013.

***************************************************************

KATHRYNE'S P.O.V.

"Your late...again", Mrs Arnold sternly said but with a mock glare on her sweet wrinkled face.

"Sorry Mrs A, Ethan was driving me insane early in the morning. I had to drop him off at Mawa Beth's place. I promise not to be late again.", I told her while giving her my sad face which always softened her up. Mrs Arnold is the owner of the 'sweet delights' coffee and cake shop where I work part time in the weekends. She treats everyone like family and that is the main thing about her that makes her lovable. Everyone who works for her, loves her to death including myself. 

"Sometimes I really do wonder who really is the boss.", she said while smiling broadly making me laugh. Another thing about Mrs A is that she never scolds anyone for being late nor  for doing something wrong, she is the best boss anyone could ever ask for.

"Don't worry Mrs A, your still the boss and no one can ever take your place while I'm here", I replied honestly. She looked at me with love in her eyes and reached out to take my hand.

"I'm not getting any younger day by day. Someday I will be gone and someone else will take over my place here but I want you to always be the same Kate, sweet and honest like the first day I saw you.", She said with warm eyes. I still remember the first day I came to apply for the job here, that was the first day I met Mrs A and I grew fond of her every single passing day. Though she couldn't bear any children, she always treated me like I'm her own blood. Her affection towards me fills the void of not having a mother in my life. 

My name is Katheryne William. I am  nineteen in just a few months. I stay with my uncle, aunt and my small brother, Ethan. My uncle Jack and his wife Brenda took us under their wing when I was a mere thirteen year old teenager and Ethan was just a baby. That was after my parents horrible accident took place. Since then I have been taking care of Ethan and taking part time jobs to help my uncle in taking care of our little family.  

I am 5ft 6in tall with long brunette hair that passes my mid back. I have a nice shaped hourglass figure with curves on the right places and the best feature about me are my striking dark violent eyes which have a little greyish blue speck on them.  Mrs A always say that I'm beautiful but I know she just says it to make me smile. Whenever I look at a mirror I see my mother's reflection. It hurts to know that I will never see her again and it pains to see her reflection  staring back at me. I look like a carbon copy of her, same facial features and same striking violet eyes. The only thing I inherited from my dad is his brown hair colour other than that, nothing.

I finished the day's task and bid Mrs A goodbye then head to pick Ethan from Granny's house. She always has been supportive of us and cherished us a lot , well Ethan mostly. I reached her house which was just a few blocks away from the coffee shop. I knocked on her door thrice and after a while she opened the door with a big smile on her face. 

"Katy bear your back. How was work?. You shouldn't tire yourself out dear. Your still young, you should enjoy your life to the fullest.", she said to me with her eyes full of concern and pity. I gave her  smile smile and kissed her cheeks.