Ch. 37 | Peace Be Damned

Hey fancies! 

Did you enjoy the 4 and a half days of Summer we had in London as much as I did? Wasn't it great? It was almost worth all this damn rain *rolls eyes*. I had as much fun in the sun as I did watching Azealia Banks get read for tha gawds on Twitter by that 14-year-old (that was FUNNY AF!) 

On a brighter note, Running Wilde has hit 150,000 reads (very awesome). Thank you all for reading and sharing it with your friends. A bitch appreciates it ^-^

Anyway I'm back with another chapter which I hope you L-O-V-E, love! Get your tea and biscuits ready.

Please remember to VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE it if you like it x

***

I'm starting to hate me

A little more and more each day

I don't know me

It's like I can't get out of my own way

And you don't love me, you don't love me

If I knew better, I would do better

-Do Better

Chris Brown feat. Brandy

*

"I remember the day Keegan was born. We were in his father's flat in Stockwell and my mother was on the bathroom floor being cheered on to push by this poor midwife while my mother screamed back at her and the doctor because she was convinced that Keegan wasn't ready to come out. His father wasn't up for witnessing childbirth so I had to step in. I was thirteen. The midwife told me to hold my mother's hand and breathe with her...she squeezed my hand so hard that I thought she was going to break it, which considering the size of my mother sounds ridiculous to say..." Aiden didn't add that a part of him believed that Grace was squeezing his hand more out of maliciousness than to deal with her contractions.

A soft murmur of sympathetic laughter floated in wafts through the pews more out of politeness than because it was actually funny. It was awkward. Speaking about Grace, who everybody knew was as skinny as she was because of her drug problem, was awkward.

The only people who didn't laugh were Dougie and Heaven.

Aiden sighed, "But she was right; Keegan was hard-headed even in the womb and was determined not to come out until he felt like it. Hours of hand squeezing and my mother's screaming was making me irritable so I put my other hand on her belly and I said in my firmest voice, "Ahhh bruv, you're on some long ting ya know. I beg you come out before me and you fall out." Would you believe it worked? At eleven pm Keegan finally decided to stop being a wasteman and come out. I was so happy...not to mention relieved to have my hand back." Genuine laughter wafted from the pews this time. Aiden smiled to himself and cast his gaze over the coffin to his right, "I knew then and there that he was my person. Me and Keegz, we were a team and I was going to have his back no matter what. He was my person..." His smile dissolved into a frown. He swallowed and stepped back from the podium to rid the hard lump burning and building behind his tonsils. "Keegan was one of the few family members that I could actually call my family...and I miss him. Every day I miss him...and I know you all do too. I've been to more funerals than I can count and this is by far the largest turnout I've ever seen. Keegz is loved so much and I'm glad for that because despite his flaws, he was a great kid, so thank you acknowledging that. He loved you all too. And even though things didn't end the way they should have...so did Ash." Murmurs floated through the pews again but this time they'd lost their softness and their sympathy.