Ch. 13 | Pandora's Box

As it's Valentine's Day in a few hours and I love you guys so much, I'm posting a new chapter. If I'm in the mood I might update tomorrow as well but you guys have gotta show some serious love first (coz it's the day of love ^-^); I'm talking votes, comments, social sharing...everything!

I hope you enjoy this chapter, I loved reading your guesses on what Aiden had in the black box (you lot are kinky ya knooooow haha...and that's why we get along so well :D).

Please vote, comment and share it if you like it!

***

“I brought you something,” Aiden said stoically, offering the small black box to her.

Ava glanced at Aiden’s offering then up at him. Shielding her mouth with her hand she asked, “What is it?” Aiden didn’t reply, he simply continued to stand before her with his gift to her extended before him and a look of something illicit brewing in his eyes.  Ava knew then that whatever was in this box was something that she did not want. She put her fork down and swallowed her mouthful of scrambled tofu. A moment ago they were engaged in a harmless (albeit slightly awkward) conversation and it was one of the most normal things to happen to her since she’d been taken, but now she realised that it was only a ploy to make her drop her defences enough so that Aiden could spring something else on her. She knew better than to play into his hands like this, but she had craved that brief window of normalcy and she suspected that Aiden knew that. He wanted her to feel secure so that it would be all the more entertaining when he pulled the rug from under her. Ava shifted away from him.

Aiden cocked his head to the side with a small smirk, “Why have you stopped eating?”

“I’m not hungry anymore.”

He knotted his eyebrows together and frowned at her. “Eat,” he said in a tone that allowed no room for debate, “You can have your present afterwards.” He placed the black box on the table, directly in her line of sight so she could peek at it and wonder.

Ava sighed and picked her fork back up -she really wasn’t hungry anymore. Aiden filled her with something intangible but oh so real; a deep anxiety that made a million butterflies spring to life inside of her and fill every available space. She felt sick, but the way Aiden had instructed her in his silk wrapped dagger tone made her obey him. The tofu now tasted dry and flavourless in her mouth; chewing had become a task but she did so without any arguments. When her plate was empty, Aiden took it from her and place it back on the tray then handed her the glass of orange juice.

“Drink,” he instructed her in the same tone.

Ava tried to drown the butterflies with each gulp. She didn’t want to feel them anymore. She knew that something bad was coming and they were only making her nerves worse, but when the cup was empty they were still there. Her eyes landed on the black box.

“Would you like your present now, Ava-Marie?” Aiden purred stroking the smooth, dark surface of the box with the tip of his index finger.

“I don’t think I do, Sir.”

He smirked at her, “Do you think you have a choice?”

“No Sir, I don’t,” she said tightly.

“Of course you don’t.” Aiden rose from his seat and picked the box up, and then to Ava’s surprise he dropped onto one knee in front of her like some twisted proposal. He placed his other hand on top of the box and gripped the sides of the lid, “I hope you like it, honey.”

Ava held her breath and leant backwards as subtly as she could as Aiden began to open the box. She let out a sharp puff of air when she finally saw its contents and furrowed her brow, “What is it?”