Chapter 11 - The Truth Comes Out

*Itachi's POV*

I jumped from branch to branch, keeping my eyes forward and forward only.

I sighed. It's been 3 days since me and Kisame left for Konoha. We've stopped numerous times to rest and eat, so it's taking some time.

But I'm fine with that. Actually, I'm the one who keeps stalling us. I want to give Mari and Sasuke some time with each other before I take her back...

I just hope she doesn't betray us. I can't kill her. She's like a little sister.

Kisame stopped and so did I on the same branch. "We should get something to eat."

Kisame growled. "At this rate, we'll get to Konoha in a week!"

I glared at him. "What difference will it make?" Well, I did have a point.. He smirked. "Fine."

We walked to a tea shop.

*Mari's POV*

We all walked to the Main Tower, actually really close to it. We had a Heaven Scroll because we got an Earth Scroll in the beginning. We stole the Heaven Scroll from another team. Oh, that was funny.

The Forest of Death isn't really that scary.

Except when we met Orochimaru.

@Flashback@

I watched as Sasuke fought Orochimaru. Itachi's former Akatsuki partner, and Kabuto's master. Orochimaru bit Sasuke on the neck, and Sasuke fell unconscious like Naruto who had been knocked out earlier.

I growled at Orochimaru as he sunk back into the branch. I flash-stepped to him and pulled on his head, flinging him over my shoulder. He landed gracefully on the branch

I appeared behind Sakura and hit a pressure point on her neck. She instantly knocked out, and I glared at Orochimaru.

"So. How do you know I'm in the Akatsuki if you're not in it anymore?" I demanded, and he chuckled darkly.

"Silly Mari."

I glared at him even more, and he grinned. "That's for me to know, and for you not to worry about."

I growled. "Son of a--" I gasped in pain, then collapsed to my knees, clutching my arm. He bit my arm, through my sleeve.

W

T

F?!

I glanced up to glare at him, but he was gone. I soon passed out too.

Sakura shook me awake and I slowly opened my eyes to find her bleeding and crying. I shot up and saw Sasuke with purple Chakra around him.

"You're next," he said, glancing over at the last enemy ninja standing.

He took a step closer to the dude, but I sprang up, ignoring the pain I felt, and ran to the raven. I wrapped my arms around his back, and he instantly stopped. He fell to the ground and stared at his hand. I remained hugging him.

@Flashback over@

I started to think about the writing section in the Chunin exams.

The questions in the written test of the Chunin exams were so freaking easy!!

I had like, an hour to just sleep after I finished it until a half-naked women crashed through the window.

We limped, Sakura helping Naruto and me helping Sasuke.

We kept walking until we ran into Kabuto.