36

Aubrey stood up from his seat in the theater and looked around and didn't see Ramsey. It had been fifteen minutes into the movie and she was nowhere to be found. He headed up the steps to the entrance of the theater and didn't see her in the hall, the living room, the kitchen, or anywhere else in the huge Madison of his. Aubrey walked up the many spiraled steps that led to the second level to his home. The bedroom door to the master suite was closed but light peered from under it. He opened one of the doors and saw Ramsey sleeping. Her nose red from crying and a tear stain on her cheek made him frown.

"Baby." Aubrey closed the door behind him and walked further into the room. Indigo laid at the foot of the bed and saw Aubrey come in and started wagging his tail widely. "What's wrong with her?" He asked the dog scratching behind his ear.

Aubrey sat on the edge of the bed and moved a few pieces of hair of from face and kissed Ramsey on the lips. She woke up and didn't even remember falling asleep.

"Why you up here instead of in the theater with me?" He asked rubbing the side of her leg gently.

"I had a talk with your mom and she said somethings that made me rethink everything." Ramsey said getting straight to the point.

Aubrey's mood instantly changed. "What did she say?"

"While everyone was going to the theater she asked me if we could talk and I said sure. The conversation started out okay but then she starts saying how she finds it weird that you kept me hidden for so long and how I must be hiding something since I was kept hidden. And she felt like she needed to try and throw jabs at me to figure me out. And I briefly told her about Jade trying to explain the reason you didn't tell anyone about me. She ignored that and said she felt she needed to to keep you safe since your her main priority and then said I wouldn't know anything about that. I told her I know what's like to want to protect your child and to want it to be safe and then she says "But obviously you didn't put your child first enough because where is it now?" Ramsey's said mocking the way Sandi talks.

Aubrey looked down at his house shoes and pursed his lips tightly. His mother was making him want to distance himself from her even more.

"Why would she say something like that?" He said trying not to sound angry.

"Maybe because it's true." Ramsey said sitting up.

"It's not true. It's not your fault. None of that was your fault just like you told me. Please don't let her words effect you." He hugged her gently.

"They already have. As soon as she said that... It just... I don't know... I feel like what she said was true. She's right." Ramsey didn't cry for the sake of being tired of being a emotional reck.

"No she's not. Don't let her get to you. This is what she wants. My mother is trying to scare you away from me. She doesn't think I know what her intentions are but I do. Don't blame yourself, it's not your fault."

Ramsey didn't say anything she just let him try to make her feel better. His words went through one ear and out the other. Sandi had Already won and sat peacefully in the theater naive to the fact she put Ramsey into a state of self hate.

-----------------------------