11

Ramsey

After I was released from the hospital my parents argued for two hours about who I'm going home with. Of course Aubrey didn't win since my father thinks using his hands can solve anything.

So now I'm under the lock and key of my parents house.
I'm 23 years old. I think everybody keeps forgetting that I have my own apartment, and I'm not 7 years old.

It's been a week since I've been out the hospital and all day everyday everyone has been in my face, Asking how I'm doing, or am I okay.

Uh I was shot three times and lost my baby. How do you think I'm doing? And just because you asked me five minutes ago doesn't mean anything has changed in that small frame of time.

I'm sick of being smothered, I need some air.

I dressed the bandages for my wounds and gently put on my sweatpants. I looked down at the small stitching on my stomach but quickly looked away.

I've tried to busy myself so I wouldn't think about it. But nothing seems to work.

Being here my dad also took my phone so I wouldn't talk to Aubrey.

I slowly pulled one of Keith's hoodies on. When I imagine when you get shot it's not that bad. But I was so wrong about that. Dead wrong. I didn't realized how much your chest moved when you did your everyday routine. The pain gets unbearable at times.

I went into my closet and grabbed a pair of houseshoes since it's freezing in here.

My movement has to be very slow since everything hurts.

I made the long trip downstairs and noticed a piece of paper on the dining room table along with the pill bottles, since it's almost time for me to take them again.

We went out to breakfast. Sorry we didn't want to wake you up.
-mom

I rolled my eyes and saw they left me my phone.

I powered it on and immediately text messages and other notifications kept rolling in. Mostly from Aubrey. His last message was sent ten minutes ago asking for me to meet him at his hotel if I could. I found my way to the garage door and looked at the selection of keys.

"Oh don't these look familiar?" I clicked the unlock button and the bright headlights flashed on for a second.

A jeep. My dream. This was supposed to be my car. Gold exterior. Red everything on the interior. With my name engraved on the head rests. But once I chose to go to college instead of being like my other sister and going in the military foot steps of my father; he took them keys right out my hands. So instead he gave me Raegan's rusty ass Volkswagen.

I got in the car and it still had that new car smell from when I first sat in it.

The garage door opened and I peeled out the driveway towards the hotel.

"In a quarter mile turn left on Downing road". I looked at the map on the GPS and took my time getting there, since it was around the corner.

"Your destination will be on the right".

The trump hotel. In bold gold letters hit me as I got out.

I sent Aubrey I quick text letting him know I was here and he told me Russell was waiting for me.

The cold wind hit my face as I walked through the parking lot.

"Hi bird". Two guys from his security smiled at me.

"Hi". I went inside and Russell was in the lobby as Aubrey said.

He showed me to the elevator and to the second to last floor where Aubrey's room was.