~Caught in a lie~

~~~~~Chapter five~~~~~~

I let out a gasp and immediately shut my mouth. Please don’t remember me, don’t remember me, don’t remember me, I chant in my head over and over again. They both furrow their eyebrows and then widen their eyes in reorganization.

Ah, crap.

“Katie?”

“Marie?”

They both say at the same time then look back to each other in confusion.

“Katie? Marie?” Angel says confused as well.

All their eyes land on me and stay there. I try to force a smile but I think my face gave it away.

“Please take this to the new neighbors” My mother calls from somewhere in the house. I run towards her which I end up out of the Kitchen. Thank goodness. My mother passes me a basket full of fruit. Wow mom, How cliché.

                I enter the kitchen again and face to the new neighbors known as Keaton and Wesley.

“This is for you” I’m guessing they already know because my mom basically yelled it throughout the house.

Keaton clutches onto the wooden basket and thanks me in a quiet voice.

“Chloe, Why don’t you go back to lying down, you’re looking as red as the pizza you threw up” Angel smirks.

My face blushes as I remember Keaton was with me when that happened. I would think he wouldn’t want to be near me after that.

“Chloe?” Keaton asks clearly still confused.  I nod in his direction.

“So your name isn’t Katie?” I nod once again. I feel like an idiot. This all blew up in my face in less than 24 hours. How was I supposed to know that they are my neighbors?  I could’ve at least got a heads up at least.

“And it’s not Marie either?” Wesley says, I see that there is hurt in his eyes. I would be lying if I didn’t say I died a bit inside. Whose brilliant idea was to lie to their face about my name? Oh yeah, this girl. Dang, I need to think through some of my idiotic plans.

Angel fake coughs to capture our attention and begins to say “That’s Chloe” She uses her pointer finger to indicate that it’s me who she is talking about. “And I’m Angel” She returns her finger to chest. I give her a “No duh” look.

“Well welcome to the neighborhood, It’s been pleasant seeing you guys but I should really leave and go brush my….pony”

 I am a horrible liar. They could be stupid, stupid boys with cute faces, Great package right? Eh, Nah.

“Well why don’t I help you with that?” Wesley offers. Great he is stupid, or he is acting along. Well, Wesley two can play at the game.

“Um, I would but she is allergic to attractive guys” I blurt out.

Wesley smirks at my comment. I realize what I said and blush. I didn’t mean to say he is attractive, Well he is, but he should already know that. Look at him, His brown hair tucked away in his hat but I can brown pieces sticking out in the back, His shirt fitting perfectly against his body, revealing some muscle.

“Uh, I guess you wouldn’t have a problem then lucky you” I say with a cheer at the end. I let out a sigh.

“I can’t keep my pony waiting now can I?” I stroll out of the kitchen leaving behind Keaton with Angel. I got to think. Got to think. How can Angel manage to lie easily?