X-Factor

~Alex~ (19 years old)

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I shut off my alarm clock and angrily groaned as I saw it read 8:00 am. Why is my alarm clock set that early? I usually don't wake up till 12 or 1, as sad as that may sound but Mondays just aren't my days. Just then my best friend, Jessica, who I live with barged into my room as if it wasn't early in the morning! Does she know what time it is? I should still be asleep right now!

"Wake up, Wake up!" She said jumping on my bed. And it took everything in me to not hit her upside her big head.

"I'm already awake, dipshit!" I angrily yelled, my eyes still shut and my head snuggled into my comfy pillow.

"Fine Ms. Grumpy." She huffed. "Get dressed and ready because I'm taking you somewhere special, its a suprise so don't ask any questions." She said, before leaving my room.

Oh gosh, I hate surprises and she knew that. But I also sadly knew I wasn't going to be able to back out of this one. Knowing Jessica she would literally drag me by my hair to wherever she would be taking me too.

Whatever, I thought, let's get this over with so I can get back into my big comfy bed. I got up took a shower and washed my hair, put on a random pair of ripped high waisted deniem shorts and a crop top. I straightened a few strands of my hair and applied a little bit of eyeliner and mascara. Even though it was early and I was tired I still had to not look like a flesh eating zombie that just came back from the dead.

As I walked downstairs I saw Jess on the couch waiting for me and playing with her nails. Before we left I quickly grabbed an apple and we headed out to her all-white Cadillac.

-

"Jessica, seriously were are we going?" I asked for the thousandth time. Well actually twelfth, but it felt like a thousand.

We had been driving for quite some time and I was getting impatient. I hated long car rides, I could never stay in my seat long enough. Which explains the reason why my parents never really went on road trips with me as a kid.

"Okay fine, I'll tell you since your so anxious! Well ya' know how we always do singing covers and all that?" Jess asked.

"Yeah...." I said, urging for her to continue. I could kind of see where she was going with this and my palms started sweating.

"Well, as of right now were headed to 'The X-factor'." She said, I could tell she was nervous of what my reaction would be.

"Really?" I asked, my eyes widening, butterflies forming in my stomach.

"Well I knew you always wanted to audition and I knew we could both sing, so I figured why not try out?." She said. "Please Alex, can we please?"

I gave in,"Fine! We'll give it a try."

----

"Hello!" Simon said, his voice echoing throughout the audience in his microphone.

"Hi." Jessica and I both said in unison.

"And what are your names?" Demi Lovato asked, showing off her perfect white teeth as she formed a smile. My heart sank to my butt, one of my many idols was smiling at me! Let alone the fact that she would be hearing me sing!

"Jessica." Being infront of thousands of people right now didn't bother her one bit. She had always loved the attention, especially when she was younger. A crowd full of people watching her was no problem, she was proud of it.

"Alex." I replied, with a nervous smile. And then there was me. The complete opposite of Jessica, I didn't show it but all these people looking at me made me want to throw up. Like in the fifth grade when I had to be in a 'Wizard of Oz' play, and I accidently threw up on Dorothy. I played a tree....

"Okay, and how old are you both?" Britney Spears asked.

I answered, "We're both 19."

"And what are you going to be singing for us?" Simon asked.

"Roar by Katy Perry." Jess said.

"Ok good luck girls." Britney said with a smile.

-

We finished the song hitting all of the notes perfectly, or atleast I think so. The crowd erupted into fits of claps and applause, some even gave us a standing ovation.

"I don't say this a lot, but you girls were amazing. Beyond that! And I think this audience can agree." Simon said in disbelief, his eyes were as wide as golf balls and he looked at us in shock.

"It's definitely a yes for me you girls have a special talent that should be shared with the world and you both seem like a good example for the youth. Your voices together are both so powerful and strong, mix very well, and I think thats what people are looking to hear especially in pop culture." Britney said.

"I 100% agree with Britney and Simon. You both have a very special talent that not everyone is blessed with." Demi said.

My heart was racing and beating at what felt like three thousand miles per hour, I could feel tears of joy forming at the brim of my eyes as a tear fell down my cheek. I was in utter shock. Demi Lovato really just complimented us? This has got to be a dream, because theres no way this could be happening.

"Yes, Yes, and Yes!" Simon said, meaning we had got all three yes's.

I couldn't believe it. My eyes got wide and I was crying. As I jumped up and down Jess tightly hugged me.

My dream was finally coming true for me.

---
I'm going through the book and editing it! So its not crappy! Haha!
-Typed January 20th, 2015