Creatures//13--final petal

"Now Chris, I don't want to get on a touchy subject but... Can I ask about Heaven?" Bryan asks.

"Of course." I answer.

"How did you first find out that she was your daughter? You know, made sure just in case?" He questions.

"Um, I looked at her birth certificate not too long after, you know, and sure enough my name was on there. Plus when I had told the police the story of how we met they wanted to make sure so they did a test and it came back as positive." I explain.

"Oh. Unfortunately that is all the time we have today." Bryan pops looking at Johnnie who was pointing at a non- exstisant watch on his wrist signaling their time was almost up. "It was great to get to talk to you again Chris."

"Likewise." I chuckle, shaking his hand.

"And we'll see you guys next time!" Bryan smiles as Johnnie ends the video.

I walk away from them as I head to get ready for the concert I'm needed for. Vinny walks past me and hands me a microphone as he does. Our sound tech runs to me so he can put my ear thing in. Once he has it ready to go, I'm set free.

"You're on! Vinny first, then Ricky, Balz, Ghost, Ryan, and last but not least Chris! This is a special show so please don't fuck it up guys!" The manager yells at us.

We file onto the stage in the order we were told to but I hold back a little. While waiting for me, Vinny starts playing some random song on his drums. Ricky and Balz join in and soon enough everybody is playing something random while the crowd goes wild.

"Chris go! Now!" The manager yells at me.

I nod then head on stage. The crowd goes even more wild- if that's even possible. The lights spin around before focusing in on the band. Screaming is heard from every angle. Ricky is smiling, Balz looks at the ground, Ghost is also smiling, Ryan is looking at his guitar as he plays something with Vinny. I am looking straight into the crowd, seeing everyone jump and scream. We start our long set. The crowd sing along with every song until we come to the very last song.

"Alright now we're going to change things up a little." I announce. I hear movement behind me knowing the guys are getting ready. "You guys all know of my daughter Heaven right?" A bunch of screams of 'yes'. "Alright well this is a special show dedicated to her as she is no longer with us."

Vinny hands me an acoustic guitar and a stool. I set the stool down and sit on it. Once I'm sat I pull the guitar on my lap. I adjust the microphone before continuing.

"She was a very special girl that I loved so much. Hell I left a girlfriend for her because she wasn't treating her fairly. Heaven was a kind of person who isn't just one in a million, she was someone who was like an eclipse or the planets aligning, she was very, very rare. She was somebody who came around once a century or a millennia." I wipe away the tears that had started to wet my cheeks.

"I love and miss her dearly. She was taken away from me by her step-father. Just as I was about to get her back he took her away from everyone, he shot her. That was six years ago to this day. So for my lovely Heaven I'm going to sing her favorite song. Please sing along if you know it." I whisper the last part into the mic.

I hear the piano start to play for a little. After about 20 seconds a violin joins in. We had borrowed Jinxx from Black Veil Brides to help us since he was the only violinist we know. The piano changes rhythm and continues playing. Soon after the violin goes up an octave and is now at a high pitch. It stays like this for a little until I join in with the guitar and the piano fades out until it's only me and Jinxx. I lean closer to the mic and begin to sing.

"I'm here again
A thousand miles away from you
A broken mess, just scattered pieces of who I am
I tried so hard
Thought I could do this on my own
I've lost so much along the way."

By now everyone was singing along. I have done this every year, choosing a different song every time but this is what made this year special. It's the fact that this was her favorite song. Usually I chose one of her favorite songs but I decided that this was gonna be the year I did her absolute favorite song months ago. I think back to hearing her dance around the living room, thinking I couldn't hear her, while she sang this song. Sometimes she would grab one of the guys and start dancing with them if they came in the house while she was doing it. God she had a beautiful voice.

"Then I see your face
I know I'm finally yours
I find everything I thought I lost before
You call my name
I come to you in pieces
So you can make me whole."

I am crying now. I can't hold it in any longer.

"I've come undone
But you make sense of who I am
Like puzzle pieces in your hand,
Then I see your face
I know I'm finally yours
I find everything I thought I lost before
You call my name
I come to you in pieces
So you can make me whole!

I tried so hard! So hard!
I tried so hard!

Then I see your face
I know I'm finally yours
I find everything I thought I lost before
You call my name
I come to you in pieces
So you can make me whole
So you can make me whole."