Fall ♥‿♥

And his video is now online

“Hey there internet”

Dan was holding my hand as he showed me the video that he had just uploaded

“So instead of heading out with some friends, I am here yet again, in front of a camera”

I scoffed and looked down, but Dan raised my chin, making me look at the monitor again.

“Now I don’t mean to sound cocky, but I am certain that there is this girl who has fallen for me.” And he just stared at the camera

“I know what you’re all thinking,” then another frame shows himself acting as a girl watching the video, “but Dan, you know fucking well that I’ve fallen for you.”

I smiled as he looked at me and got me into his arms

“So I met this girl when I was sixteen while in my second job in the supermarket.”

“Well shit!” I whispered and Dan held me tighter

“Let’s just call her Aubrey…”

I broke free from Dan’s grip “Seriously? Can you get sneakier?” I asked

“Well I didn’t use your real name now did I?”

“Real original Dan, from Audrey, you changed it to Aubrey.” I said but ended with both of us chuckling

The video was now showing him narrating what happened between us six years ago.

“So there I was, really early in the morning, not ready to start working at 5am when the boss introduced Aubrey.”

I chuckled and told him, “You can definitely pull off Aubrey” emphasis on the name.

It is surprising how Dan remembers the first time we met, I thought for sure that he would forget that.

It was so early and it was my first job. Our boss made me observe what everyone was doing. That’s when I first noticed Dan, given he was the only one who looked like a teen as well, the rest were obviously older. Dan helped me familiarize myself with the task and get used to it as well, that was only on the first day and after that, he completely ignored me. That was until I confronted him about it, saying that we were the only kids on the job and if we could just get along. I guess the only time that I got to see him even after work was when I slipped on the floor that he had just mopped. I slipped probably from excitement because it was the day my favourite band’s new album was going to be released. That was the time when we found out we shared the same favourite band and a whole lot more.

“So why did I tell you about my work experiences? It’s because I saw that girl again two years ago and well, I’m pretty sure that she has fallen for me.” He said confidently

I clapped my hands out of pure mockery, not bothering to finish the video

“Oh how cocky of you Dan. I never knew that you had it in you.” I said sarcastically.

“Oh you know you’ve fallen for me…” he teased

I can’t argue with that. It is partly true. When I told myself that I’d mind my own business six years ago, I still tried to reach out to him which led to the confrontation. I think my heart started to get excited after we went to the album release together. It was funny because people looked at us like we were a couple. Two years ago, when I moved to London, deep down it really was for a boy, Dan, that and I got a job as a fashion photographer in a magazine. When I did find Dan, I pretended that I wasn’t interested in him, I don’t even know why I did that.

“Can we just go now? The party starts in five minutes and my best friend has been texting me nonstop.” I whine

“Of course.” He said and yelled for Phil

All three of us left the apartment and headed for the party of my best friend, when she recently got her own radio show.

The three of us finally arrived and my best friend immediately ran to our direction. “I thought you guys would never come.”

“Yeah? Well Dan…” I said but was cut off

For some reason, my best friend played a slow dance and Dan and I took the chance.

“You wanna know when I admitted to myself that I’m inlove with you?” he whispered in my ear

I’m sure he felt the smile on my face as he continued,

“When I took care of you after you slipped on the wet floor.” He continued

“We’ve wasted so much time ignoring each other when we could have talked like we were great friends.” I replied

After a time of dancing and giving speeches to my best friend, Dan, Phil and I were taking pictures of ourselves. Phil got my mobile and took photos of me and Dan. For the last shot, Dan pulled me close and kissed my cheek.

“I like the last one, Audrey.” Dan said as he set that photo as my phone’s wallpaper.

 ---

Dedicated to Mom (The same person who I dedicated Tables Away to). May you charm Dan Howell and make him your husband :D 

Tables Away (Louis Tomlinson One Shot) in External Link