The Friend-Stealer

She is a huge foodie, and you can tell.

She made a self-deprecating fat joke in her last internship interview.

She has a terrible CGPA (even though she is brilliant), and hence Often nominates herself for any student-activist movements against unreasonable Professors. ("With a GPA as bad as mine, it's only right that I jeopardize my grades by complaining against teachers...I don't have much to lose at this point. Haha!")

Momo* is my new favorite person. Super hyper. Whip-smart. Witty as they come. I am in perpetual laughter-induced stitches, whenever we hang out/text etc.

It's likely that I will keep on quoting her in my future posts, because she is imminently quotable. We talk about the most randomest of things, and the best part about her, is that I can talk about Bollywood fails with her in one moment, and in the next we'd be talking about the merits of Utilitarianism. And in the next, we'd rave over forbidden crushes (Vlad Putin. Nuffsaid). And then she'd ask me something random like; "Would you rather have an extra arm, or an extra leg?"

I thought I'd never meet someone as random as me, but I found her!! 😂

She is sadistically gleeful that she managed to steal me from my older friends in only a few weeks.

This is how she recounts striking up a friendship with another one of her friends (True story):

"I just walked up to this girl, who didn't know me, and said; 'Hi. I like you. Wanna be best friends?'... And that was that. BAM. BFFL....I must warn you though, it works only if the approacher is super cool, and if the approachee has no standards at all."

I wish I had even a smidgen of courage that she has.

She sees. She want. She attacks. No prisoners... It takes a special kind of bravery and beghairti (shamelessness) to get away with it.

"Do your friends hate me for stealing you?...or were you a pleasure to lose?" She asks me.

"They think you're a crazy-ass friend stealer." I reply.

"Ok. Fair enough. I shall try to win them over with food....and subtle compliments...*Add smirk*"

Momo loves making people laugh.
Such a happy person is a rarity in my social circle. I am used to cynical, discontent, tensed faces, and Momo's infectious happiness makes me feel lighter everyday just by being around all the hyper-giddy-happiness.

"Momo, why do you carry around your camera and laptop?" I ask her today, as she types something, surrounded by tech gear.

"Dude. I always go everywhere with all my precious worldly possessions."

"Why, on earth...!?"

"Look at it this way: I am always ready to run away from home...for instance, Tom Cruise drops in right now and says; 'We need to elope immediately, Momo!'. What do I say? Huh? 'Aww. Babe. Not now! First I gotta pick up my camera from home'...." She explains seriously. "...that would be a mood-ruiner."

Looking at her, you can't tell the enormous losses, and heartache she has suffered in the past two years.

She inspires me, in the best and worst of ways.

This one's for the joy of finding your own type of weirdos.

How did you meet your Best friend?