Run to You-Lady Antebellum

Run To You-Lady Antebellum (7)

I RUN FROM MY PAST. I RUN TOO FAST—OR TOO SLOW IT SEEMS. WHEN LIES BECOME THE TRUTH…THAT’S WHEN I RUN TO YOU.

M and I practice after classes in my garage and on the weekends in his music room (awesome, really, truly awesome), we tape our rehearsals and I keep it in my laptop so we could edit later. We do different songs every time we record it so we could see what the great ones are and what the horrible ones that should never see the light.

The gang still had no idea where we always disappear to and why. Matt decided to surprise them on the following assembly. The council was presenting those who survive the audition so we were praying that we do, so we could get on to the surprise.

If we don’t, we have plan B (and that’s not me) but I thought of it first. We’d upload the videos on the internet and let them watch it from there. And of course, other people would be able to watch it and we were—or could be—famous. It wasn’t the actual goal but you know…

Our audition song would be Run to You by Lady Antebellum after nights of discussion in chat boxes. We were lucky enough to find a good meaningful song that fitted our vocals. And it didn’t sound too cheesy.

“Alright, I need to sleep,” I said to him on the phone after a long conversation. “I’ll see you tomorrow. Okay?”

“Should I pick you up?” He asks and I thought about it. “B?”

“No.” I decided. “I’ll take the car tomorrow. Mom isn’t going to work.” I waited for his response and soon there was.

“Okay,” he replies. “See you tomorrow, B.”

“See you tomorrow, M.”

-

I knew that I was dreaming but I couldn’t snap out of it.

Nathan was right there in front of me, telling me he loves me. It was exactly like that moment but we weren’t on the phone. And then I could see a giant calendar flipping through and it stopped to that moment he said he loved…her.

“I am completely and madly in love with Chelsea, B.” He says. “What do I do? I don’t want to hide it anymore—”

I fixed his problem that day and C was never more thrilled to have Nathan as her boyfriend. It was one of the happiest times I’ve seen them and I smiled the whole way.

And when I finally got to be alone, my smile faded and I cried, giving into the pain of having trusted those words that failed you in the end.

It wasn’t long till Chelsea got over him and they were a mess. They tried to be friends and soon enough they were but it wasn’t the same. Nathan hadn’t been the same. Every time he looks at her; there it is right there, so obvious and alight.

I was screaming inside and I screamed aloud that everyone was staring at me. I was so cold and hurt and exposed all I could do was cry. I cried and sobbed and covered my face with my hands. She doesn’t see it! I could but he won’t look at me that way! She doesn’t see it—

I felt someone grab my hands away from my face and I saw Matt so concerned. “B—”

-

“Beatrice!”

I jumped from my bed, my whole body sweating and my face wet with tears. My eyes were sore and my throat hurts. I looked frantically around and found my mom right beside me.

“Oh goodness,” she breathes and I realized where I was. The reality was painful as it was in my dream. I began to sob and this time I was aware of it. “Come here,” she whispers and pulls me in her arms.