Running Forever

I ran out of the house without a particular destination in mind. I couldn't believe that this whole time I was lied to. My entire life was a lie. Nothing made sense. I shifted and jumped on top of a tree. Maybe a few hours of sleep would help.

"Alyson!"

I woke up with a sudden jolt. I looked around and remembered where I was.

"Alyson!" a voice called.

Hmmm... I jumped down and shifted into my human form. Then Mr Alpha to be appeared before me.

"Alyson! Are you alright?"

I didn't answer and instead walked away. He ran in front of me. I kept walking forward where as he was walking backwards.

"You know if you want to run away we could- Ah!"

He fell backwards over a tree root and lay there stunned for a minute. I rolled my eyes and kept walking.

"Real smooth Mr. Alpha to be."

I heard him groan as he got up. "Thanks. I try."

I didn't answer.

"What are you going to do? Keep running?"

I sighed.  "I know..." my voice faltered as I began to cry.

He walked up to me and pulled me to his chest. After a few minutes I stopped.

I looked up at him. "Thanks Alex."

He smiled. "You called me by my name."

"Yeah. I did."

"Do want to run?"

"Yeah."

We both shifted and ran. I knew I couldn't run forever but right now it felt like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So they seem to be liking each other at the moment. Wonder how long that will last... Anyhow, my most loyal assassins, this is another update for you. Extremely short I know but... I have no excuse. Guess this is it. Peace.