Chapter 9

Seventeen years

Taehyung didn’t always hate winter. In fact he used to love winter. There were many reasons for his love for the particular season.

For one, his birthday fell in mid winter. And he liked Christmas. And he loved the snow. But everything changed after he met Jungkook.

Jungkook was sensitive to the cold. If the temperature of the weather dropped even by a little and Jungkook was caught off guard, he would get sick really easily. And his terminal illness would worsen leading to him to suffer more. So Taehyung began disliking winter because it impaired Jungkook’s health.

It was three days after Christmas. Taehyung sat on a chair beside Jungkook’s bed and observed Jungkook near the window, counting the snowflakes that got stuck on the glass. Jin was also in the room, watching a movie on the television.

Initially, all three of them decided to spend the day watching movies but eventually Jungkook got bored and since Taehyung had already seen the movie that Jin had picked, he resorted to observing Jungkook.

The oldest was a little too absorbed in the movie to notice his surroundings so he didn’t react when Jungkook returned to the bed and cuddled with his sushi plush.

Taehyung saw this and offered to wrap Jungkook up with the covers. Once again, Jungkook returned to watching the movie while Taehyung watched Jungkook watch the movie.

The scene climaxed to the end when the main female character accepter the male’s proposal on the edge of a beautiful cliff (in the orange sunset).

The story was silly. At least that was what Taehyung thought. How could the red haired girl accept the marriage proposal of a guy she barely knew and met just a few days back? That too while on her way to propose to her long time boyfriend?

It seemed a little silly but seeing Jin and Jungkook’s absorbed reaction in the movie made him keep the opinions to himself. At least, he tried to cheer himself up, the scenery is amazing. And they have a happy ending by sealing it with a sweet kiss if not overly clichéd.

“Taetae hyung,” Jungkook suddenly called out as the credits rolled. Jin turned.

Taehyung gave a deep yet soft “hmmm?” Taehyung’s eyes scanned through the actors’ names as he sipped on a cup of hot chocolate. Ah, he thought on seeing the real name of the female character, I thought I’d seen her before. Who knew she played Giselle in ‘Enchanted’? Well now that I look closer, there’s not much…

“Why… why do people kiss?”
Taehyung choked on the drink and barely managed to keep the drink from spilling.

He looked at Jin expecting an answer. But Jin looked equally clueless. “Hey,” he said, shrugging his shoulders, “He asked you. Not me.”

Why DID people kiss? Well considering the current generation, people kiss to flirt or get into bed with each other.

There was no way in hell Taehyung was going to say that to Jungkook and taint his poor innocent mind. And besides, Jin would fillet him alive if he said that.

So recalling his original thoughts on kissing when he was a child, he answered with a tender smile towards the younger.

“Kookie-ah, people kiss because they love each other and want to marry each other and live together forever,” Taehyung replied, seeming pleased that he didn’t have to taint anyone’s ears. Jin gave him a smirking if not proud smile.

Deep in thought, Jungkook asked again, “So… you can only kiss… one person?” He held out his index finger in front of Taehyung. By now Jin had stood up and was making his way to the bathroom.