Chapter 30 : Do I have to say the words?

“You will never be able to escape from your heart. So it's better to listen to what it has to say. That way, you'll never have to fear an unanticipated blow."

~ Paulo Coelho.

**

Agreed. She was in her sweet pants and tank top. Her hair was limp and clothes wrinkled but still she was the best looking woman in his eyes. 

So she thought they both were changed now. Perhaps yes but one thing that had not changed though was her eyes. Those ocean blue peepers had remained the same and when he had stood in front of them today, they appeared to tell him something.

Although Isabelle looked okay, her sad, bothered eyes won't leave Ethan.

That incredible woman was starved for genuine love from inside.

Ethan couldn't stop frowning as he left her home.

He wondered what it was that he found so disturbing. The woman won't say a single word to him. What was bothering her? If yes, why she was not sharing it with him?

Ethan was in a hurry to reach his place but not in a hurry to leave Tokyo after meeting her.

Yes, she didn't need another human being to make her complete, but if she allow him to kiss her wounds, he would try to heal them. But it was never going to be possible. He had come to ask for forgiveness and she had accepted his apologies. Then why was he still hesitating to leave her?

His brain told that the smart thing to do was to bid adieu, his heart wanted nothing more than giving life another chance.

Ethan boarded the train to Ginza as he kept on thinking.

She deserved to be with somebody who made her happy, who didn't complicate her life or hurt her. 

Like him?

He wanted to think so but he had added more fuel to her fire and agonised her.

Did her husband love Isabelle as she had told Ethan? Why his heart wasn't ready to accept it? Which kind of a man insulted his wife and created such scene in front of everybody?

Isabelle had clearly indicated that it was none of his business.

But why did it still feel like his business?

Ethan had not arrived on any conclusions by the time he reached his hotel.

A girl was waiting there for him at reception counter. He studied the petite, Japanese girl who was sitting so patiently. Her posture was graceful. She had folded her legs and supported her chin in the crook of bent hand. She was wearing a knee length jumpsuit or whatever it was called. Ethan didn't know much regarding woman's clothes but Sachiko looked radiant as she literally bounced towards him with a spring in her feet. Her hair was tied in a neat high pony tail. They were shining. Had she put new blonde highlights?

Her owl pendant came to life with each step she took forward.

She looked like a care free, collage girl. Ethan wondered was she the same girl whom he had met in traditional attire in club.

The girl was wearing gray color again. 

As if she had read his mind, she smiled.

“It's my favorite colour.”

He nodded.

“You look good.”

The big question was why the girl was not ready to take his refusal?