Chapter 09 : All I want is you.

She applied the speed brakes, slowly lowered the gears and swiftly landed the aircraft on a runway without a jerk. Her hand automatically moved to take out aviation sun glasses. She loosened her tie and opened the top button of her tapered, tight shirt. How she loved her uniform. It was quite hot and uncomfortable in the small cockpit but she knew she belonged here. As she stood up to come out, her gaze went lovingly to the sky. Just landed and already longing to return. Once she had tasted the flying, she forever walked the earth with her eyes turned upwards. There she had been and there she wanted to be forever.

She loved being airborne. Her aircraft had landed in many countries and continents. In her voyage as the captain, she had seen some incredible sunsets and sunrise and witnessed some pretty scary lightning storms. The best part about flying was that she got paid to do something she loved. There were few sacrifices like spending 200 nights of year alone in hotel rooms but she was happy. Although every take off and every landing had to fall within certain standards, there really was a lot of room to be creative! No two days at work were the same, ever! She could not ask for more.

The coolest part of her job was that her office was at 35,000ft, where she was her own boss!

She had only one complaint. Even in her airline uniform, with her flight bag by side, people still thought she was a flight attendant! Lots of them were surprised to learn that she was indeed one of the pilots and few were bit apprehensive about it. Their mentality about profession was still not changed.

When she first told her parents, they were uneasy thinking about the risk in the beginning but she had persuaded them. There were no arguments about it being a male domain.

She did not remember clearly when her love with sky started. She had a degree in International Business. At twenty three, the office job was very boring and mundane. So she decided to quit it in order to fulfill her lifelong dream and ambition. How glad she was that she did it.

Of course she had her share of trials and tribulations before she was finally hired by British airlines as the lady pilot but she had no regrets. When writing the story of her life, she did not believe in letting anyone else hold the pen.

At thirty seven, Nicole Bennet was the force to reckon with.

**

Near the runway, a man was looking lovingly at the tall, proud figure of the woman walking gracefully towards him. Her health radiated from the way she walked. The lady had to make lots of decisions when it came to flying and she was always in a tiptop shape, physically and mentally. She had steel in her spine. She had once navigated the aircraft around the lightning storm. Her husband was scared to death about losing his wife forever but the intelligent lady was at ease, always calm and collective. She had not even wrinkled her pretty forehead in a worry and had come out of it safely.

Christopher Bennet's elegant wife certainly had a place in the man's world.

Nicole came running in the arms of a man, who was waiting patiently for her since long. She tightly wrapped her arms around him. His arms also went around her as if they had their own mind. He hugged her, crunching her bones as if he never wanted her to go from his arms. The man looked at her tenderly. Did the woman in his arms know how much he had missed her? He slightly bent his head down and kissed her, softly at first, then with an intensity that made her cling to him as if he was the only solid thing in the world. Place, people everything was forgotten, time stood still as his lips again delicately brushed over her shaking lips. Nicole felt the rush, the yielding, and the surging tide of warmth. Her body went limp.

"Stop, Christ, you are making me faint!" She whispered softly against his chest.

"I want to make you feel that. I have waited to do that for many days." He murmured faintly, aware of the public eyes, resting his chin on her head.