-- 13 --

"Are you mad?"

I gulped. Hard. He'd been so close for so long, I was sure the right side of my face was going to smell exactly like his Colgate tooth paste by the end of the day.

I shook my head involuntarily, and squeezed my eyes tight. My lips followed suit, and pinched together.

Resist the urge...

"You can't get me out of your head for one second, can you?" He said dryly, plotting an amused ring to his tone. A sudden wisp of heated air flew into my ear, and I had instantly known he had blown on it.

I shuddered, and stifled the groan I had been holding back for so long. This isn't happening... This isn't happening...

"You know why I'm here. Don't you." He said more as a statement, rather than a question. I popped my eyes open at this, searching the everlasting ebony for his face, only to come up empty. I started to become anxious, not quite sure what side of me he was on, or when he was going to pounce. Like a lion attacks it's prey...

"Y-Yes..." I croaked out, my throat turning scratchy and sore for some reason. "T-To kill me."

"That's right." His voice, now dangerously close, caught me by surprise, and made me tumble backwards so that I landed on my spine. I laid frozen on the ground, sensing his presence just inches short of my face. "Thank you."

❀❀❀❀❀❀

I bolted upright in bed, my screams making me arise with a start. My forehead crashed into something, and I came plummeting back down to the ground, a splitting head ache plaguing my brain.

"Ach..." I groaned, flipping onto my stomach. "Wha..." Found my voice. "What the hell?"

I turned over, and squinted under the blinding lights of Taya's bedroom to get a clear view of Rog, Taya's hunk of an older brother.

His hair, brown and tussled, fell down his neck and just scraped the nape. He had a large scar trailing up the side of his jaw, but that made him look all the more sexy. And I'm not even one to judge by appearances! They don't make me faulty or ditzy or stupid! Like the rest of the female population....

His oozing blue eyes were miles above me, and I had to squint to make out the curves of his features.

"What are you doing here?" He cocked a mischevious eyebrow, trying to ignore the fact that a warm grin wanted to smack it's way onto his lips. He offered a hand to me, and I thankfully accepted it, hauling myself to my feet.

"House burnt down. Long story. I'm staying with Taya for a week." I yawned, and stretched out my limbs, hearing multiple cracks and pops. I laughed a bit, falling weak into a slumped position. "What are you doing here? Thought school didn't let out for another two months."

"It doesn't." He shrugged, dipping his head to steal a glance at a snoring Taya, sprawled on the bed sheets. "I didn't feel like going today."

"Oh." I scratched my head, steering my eyes out the window to gawk over the full expanse of rain clouds cloaking the sky in a gray blanket. "I better get to school, then. Before it starts raining."

I went to shake Taya awake, when Rog's hand shot out and gripped onto my shoulder, halting me in place. I arched my neck, raising an eyebrow.

"It's already 2." Rog smriked, his lips turning upwards in a small smile. "You sure you still want to go to school?"

Oh, shit! 2:00 PM?! School's out in a half hour, then. That's fantastic. Just great.

"Are you sur--"