Chapter 18: Runaway

(Erica's POV)

I felt my body aching, but I couldn't move. At this moment, I felt my heart ache too. For the second time in my life, I wished I was dead. Life wasn't worth living if Kai wasn't here with me. He could be an asshole, but I know what he's really like, he's sweet and caring even though he chooses not to show it sometimes.

I heard voices, but could barely make them out at first.

"Do y-you think she'll make it?" I recognized this voice. It was Kai. He was crying.

"I'm not sure, even if she does, she might not remember everything Mr.Spaven" The doctor said.

"WHAT? SHE HAS TOO!" He yelled.

Maybe I could have fun with this? I mean I knew I remembered everything, because how else would I know it was Kai? I could pretend I forgot that he broke up with me, that we were still together. That should complicate things for him.

But one question stayed in my mind; something I had forgotten.

Why did he choose that skank over me?

All I remember was being drunk, and mad. Oh well, I'll figure out that later.

"LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO HER KAI! THIS IS YOUR ENTIRE FAULT! THE ONLY REASON SHE'S EVEN ALIVE IS BECAUSE OF OUR BOND! YOU’RE SUCH AN ASS! I DON'T CARE IF YOU’RE DOING THIS FOR HER OWN SAFTEY! DOES SHE LOOK SAFE AND HAPPY NOW? HUH KAI?" Eunice roared.

She knew why he was doing this? And wouldn't tell me? I mean I hadn't told anyone the whole "he's doing it for me" bull shit excuse.

I was becoming more conscious, I could feel it. I could clearly hear everyone now, including Eunice sobbing like a child.

I felt a jolt of pain go through my body, I could no longer hear anyone, and that's when it all went black.

*3 weeks later*

I awoke from the darkness, and but all I could feel was pain. I felt my body shake for a moment, and then tried opening my eyes.

I could make out faces, but they were all blurred.

I felt two figures rush towards me.

"How you feeling baby?" Kai said softly while placing his hand on mine.

"Don't call her baby! You lost that right asshole" Eunice said while rushing over to me.

I had enough of those two bickering, I can't see anyone and their worried about calling me names.

"GUYS I CAN'T SEE!" I yelled back.

Everyone was in here, including the pack, my mom, and sister. I could smell them, and the sadness they felt for me.

"How are you feeling sweetie?" My mom asked.

"How do you think I'm feeling? I can't see anything, everything’s blurred!" I yelled.

"Don't worry that's temporary, you'll be able to see by the end of the day" The doctor said.

I nod.

Why am I here? One reason, Kai.

If he was there for me instead of being a dick, then I wouldn't be in here right now. Right now the only thing I needed was to be away - away from everyone, away from Kai, and away from this bloody town.

This time I made up my mind, I'm leaving.

"Brian, I'm asking for permission to leave the pack for three months, I need time" I said breaking the silence.