Chapter 6

If anyone thinks that I should change the title please message me or comment. If you have any ideas on what the new title should be let me know please.

~Mac's PoV~

So I've been waiting outside the operating room for a few hours and they finally bring Raven out. I followed them to the room and saw Sasuke also laying there. I looked at both boys and felt the tears well up in my eyes. I looked away and grabbed a tissue. 'I must stay strong for them' I thought to myself.

"Mac." I looked to where the weak voice came from. It was Sasuke.

"Yes Sasuke?"

"Were you just crying?"

"Pshh no, I don't cry" I said in my most convincing voice. His emerald eyes bore into my sapphire ones. "Okay, yes I was" my head hung low when I said that because more tears started rolling down my face.

"Mac, look at me." I shook my head. "Mac, it's fine to cry just look at me" I picked up my head and smiled at him and he smiled back. "Now thats wasn't so hard, was it?"

"It is becasue you look in so much pain and I don't like it when my friends hurt." my eyes started to fill with pain while his were with happiness. "How can you be happy when you could've died?"

"Because I know that I helped that family out of the fire and got help for Raven. I went to the right person to help us. She knew exactly what to do and got help immediately" his smile grew as he talked.

"But still, you could've died. The entire family could've and my only friends who live here. I don't want them to leave me yet. I need you to help me through high school" I said as I held back sobs. The tears rushed down my face now.

"We are all alive now aren't we. We are fine and it is all thanks to you."

"But what if I didn't call them in time, all of you would be here dead right now."

"But we're not. Live in the now and not in the past. We're alive and thats all that matters" I stared at him and smiled. I had saved them. "Mac, Raven was happy to know that you had waited for him. I was happy that you helped me when I bugged you at your balcony. Now go to sleep because you have school tomorrow."

"But I need to stay up and wait for Raven."

"He'll know you are here, just go to sleep" I nodded and sat down in the chair. I fell into a peaceful sleep.

                                                                                * * *

It was 5 a.m. when I woke up. I looked around the hospital room and realized I need to go home and get ready for school. I found a sticky note and a pen and wrote a note saying I was going to school and would be back after. I stuck it to Sasuke's forehead and walked out of the room.

I went down the stairs since I'm afraid of elevators and started walking home.

I made it home and walked inside. My mom walked up to me and started yelling and asking where I had been all night but I just ignored her and went to my room. I closed the door in her face and locked it. She was still yelling at me as I put on my tank top, shorts and flip flops. I grabbed my backpack and opened my door. My mom was still yelling but I couldn't hear her anymore.

I went downstairs and grabbed a peice of toast and ate. I ran back upstairs because I forgot my phone then jumped out my balcony and ran to the bus stop. I waited a few minutes until the bus came and I got on.

Everyone stared at me but it wasn't with annoyance or hatred but with saddness. I sat down in the back and sat with my head down.

"Hey." I looked up to see a blue and white haired girl looking at me.

"Uh, hi."

"I'm Maria, what's your name?"

"My name is Mac and I'm not in the mood if you're trying to pull anything on me." my words were filled with some hatred and sorrow.

"I'm not going to pull anything on you I just want to say I'm sorry that your friends got hurt but at least you saved them. If you weren't home who knows what would've happened." I nodded as I lowered my head and she turned away.

The school day went by in a blur. I was called down to the office once I got to school. The principal thanked me for my so called heroic deed. I only told him that I didn't run into the fire to save them or anything but if I needed to I would. After that I don't exactly remember much except people praising me for what I did. I just ignored them and worried about Sasuke and Raven. Finally, school was over and I walked to the hospital.

I walked up to the boys room. Once I was there I opened the door and they both stared at me.

"Hi boys" I said with my biggest smile and they continued to stare. "What's wrong?" I looked at them concerned and confunsed.

"Uhhh, Mac, there's someone behind you" Raven pointed behind me and I turned around. I saw the scariest thing in the world. My mother when she's pissed off.

"MAC, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THESE BOYS?!?!"

"Mom, calm down, this is a hospital. Also, there was a fire last night that happened in the house of the family they were helping with something. Sasuke came and got me to call 9-1-1 and Raven was still in the house. Everyone's safe now though and I don't have a scratch. Don't worry, they'll both be out tomorrow and the reason I ignored you this morning was because I was in a daze and couldn't hear you. I'm very sorry mom but I was just so worried about them and didn't hear anyone today. I understand if you want to ground me and what not but you can't stop me from visiting my friends so I don't care" I finished what I was saying and sat down.

"Mac, I won't ground you since you helped them but why didn't you call me when this happened?"

"I didn't care nor did I think of it now go back to work before you get fired." she walked away and I smiled.

"So, you were worried about us today" Raven smirked and I nodded. "Who knew little miss happy had other feelings. Sasuke also told me you were crying last night."

"Sasuke how could you?"

"I thought it seemed a little resonable than not telling him."

"Well, you're a butt and you!" I pointed at Raven. "You almost died last night and you came out of that burning house smiling. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!"

"Well for starters, I smiled when I came out of the fire because I was happy to be alive instead of covered in flames. Second, you almost tackled me to the ground in a hug."

I smiled, Raven smriked and Sasuke just shook his head. My friends were alive and sadly, they were on the news. It made them seem like they were on the verge of dying or something. I hate the media.

Can people please tell me what you think about this story and if I should continue it or not because I won't if you don't think I should. Please, I really want to know what you think.