My Life as the Odd One Out

I realize that I haven't worked on my other two stories and I apologize. I'm just having some major inspirational and writer block issues right now. Also, I create the best things in school and this is something that I started writing. I hope you like it.

~Mac's PoV~

My name is Mac. I don't think my last name is important just yet. I'm almost your average teenage girl. I'm not girlie, I hate make-up and I hate shopping. I spend most of my days watching anime and hanging out with friends. I'm 15 years old and am 2 months into my sophmore year in high school. I'm tall, have blonde hair and blue eyes. Pretty much the girl on the cover.  My friends say my eyes are like sapphires or the ocean. I'm fairly skinny even though everyone says I'm a twig, I don't believe them. What I wear on a daily basis is neon converse, skinny jeans, a colorful shirt and sometimes one of my giant American Eagle sweatshirts.

My current friends say I'm a kind and warm-hearted person. They've only known me for a year and we are all very close. Also, they say I'm a colorful person and have a great personality. I can be shy at tiimes though.

They all say they will miss me times infinity and I believe them, for the most part. They also tried to get my dad and mom to let me stay here but of course they said no.

                                                                * * *

I'm leaving my comfy home in Maine and moving to Connecticut. My mom's work is making her transfer there. I don't know why they transfer her so much, I mean I don't think she's that important in her work but apparently she is.

Up until now, my father has always came with us when my mom transferred. Sadly, he's not coming this time because he has a good job that pays him well. I begged him to stay here in Maine with him and he sternly answered no.

"Mac!" my mother yelled breaking me out of thought.

"What do you want?!?"

"Don't give me attitude young lady. Also, are you done packing yet?"

"Yes, I'm done packing, why do you ask?"

"The moving truck is here so grab your suitcase and come down here."

'Okay....be down in a minute or so."

I looked around my now empty room, except the boxes, wondering what my dad is going to do with it once my mom and I leave. I sighed then swore under my breath as I looked outside.

"Mac come down right now because the moving guys are coming up to take your boxes to the truck!"

"Okay, whatever mom! Also, are my friends here?"

"Yes, Joe, Josh, Alli and Kimi are here."

"You could've just said that my friends are here and I'll be down in a second!"

I grabbed my suitcase and rushed downstairs. When I reached the bottom I crashed into someone.

"Really, Mac, really?" I heard Kimi's sarcastic voice.

"I..uh..umm..."

"Kimi, don't be jealous, she's just happy to be in my arms." smirked Josh.

I got up off Josh and helped him up. Once he was standing, Alli Gibb smacked him.

"Dude, stop flirting with her" Alli said sternly.

"Seriously, you look so desperate when she obviously likes me more" Joe stated.

"Both of you silly boys stop it. It's obvious that Mac loves Alli and I more than she loves you."

"Kimi's right. She does love us more.

I smiled at my loving friends. This is how they always acted. Arguing about who I love more or who met me first. I don't know why they argue about these things but it's interesting.

"Mac, hurry up, I want to get there at some point today."

"Okay, okay, calm down mom. I'll be out soon."

I backed away and looked at my friends who were tearing up. "It's okay you guys. I'll call and text everyday when I'm able to."

Alli pulled me into a giant bear hug. "I'm going to miss you like crazy! I can't believe you're leaving, this is crazy!" she exclaimed.

"Alli, I'm going to miss you so much too!" Alli let go of me and went back next to joe. Kimi pulled me into a hug next.

"Don't worry Mac, I'll save you and you can live with me. Also, don't fall for anyone, 'kay?" she whispered in my ear seductively. Kimi is bisexual and is completely in love with me. I don't mind that she's in love with me or anything it's just that, well, I don't swing that way.

"I will wait for the day you rescue me. Also, I'll try not to fall for anyone." She let go of me and stood next to Alli and sent me a wink.

Joe tackled me to the floor while hugging me. "Mac, I'm going to miss you so very much and try not to fall for those guys. I don't care how hot you think they are but try to stay in love with me."

I giggled. "Okay, Joe I'll try to resist their hot charms. I'll miss you too." Joe got up and helped me up to.

"Okay Josh, come here, I'm ready for my hug."  I waited to be knocked to the ground again but it never happened. I looked around for Josh and didn't see him, but I heard him.

I walked over to the closet door and opened it. There sat a weeping Josh. "Hey Josh."

Josh got up, walked out and picked me up spinning me around. "Bye Mac. I'll miss you the most! Don't you dare forget to text and call me everyday or I'll cry" he placed me on the ground again and pecked my cheek.

"I'll try to call and text you everyday when I can." I couldn't hold back my tears anymore and broke down. My friends also broke down.

They walked over to me and hugged me. I was in the middle of our group hug, everyones tears falling on me.

"I love you all and never forget me" I said between sobs.

My mom walked in. "Mac, get your butt moving NOW! We need to go!"

"Okay."

Our group hug broke apart. I hugged everyone once again then picked up my suitcase. I walked out the door with everyone following. I made it to the car and put my suitcase in the trunk.

"Bye you guys! I love you all!" I said and blew them all a kiss.

"I love you too and I'll never forget you!" they all exclaimed in unison.

I got in the passenger side of the car, closed the door, opened the window, stuck my head out and waved. They waved back at me and were crying. I started crying again too.

We got to the end of our street and then we turned the corner. My friends were out of sight and I started my new life.