Chapter 19 - Immeasurable

Dan made sure I had full rest once I got out of the hospital. My bedroom and I shared a very special relationship now. Jace didn't want to be away from me; we'd stayed together last night at my place, him insisting to be by my side as soon as we'd been discharged from the hospital. His parents had been tending around in the hall, conversing with my parents.

Being with my mate was never a bad thing.

My mother had helped a lot; she'd made breakfast and brought it to my room and put necessary ointments on the wounds from being hurt yesterday. I wished there was a medication or remedy to relieve the pain in my mind; thinking about what happened the day before was way more painful than these physical injuries. I had to force myself to sleep to shut my mind from thinking.

Then I noticed the blue sky outside my window, and the urge to go outside came storming in me.

I pulled myself up and winced to the aches in my body. Jace went out to see the Alpha again—I was kind of curious about what they were talking about. Suddenly I refused to be excluded; I wanted to know what Jace knew.

Speaking of the devil, he popped up at the door, walking into the room with a big smile on his face.

"Hey," he said.

"Hi," I replied.

When he noticed I was trying to stand up, he walked over to me and reached out to take my hand, helping me up on my feet. "Where are you going, Jordan?"

"To the bathroom," I said. "I want to take a shower."

He gave me a dirty wink, and I rolled my eyes.

"A private shower," I admitted.

He grinned and put his warm hands on my cheek. "Of course."

I chuckled. "What's up with you today? You seem so glowing."

"I'm so happy because my one true love is here in front of me."

"Stop it now," I grunted before letting out a chuckle. "Seriously."

Jace squeezed my cheeks in both of his hands. "If you feel better, you can come with me to see Dan. He wants to talk to us."

"Theo?" I said, my voice cracked in my throat.

"Hmm, not really. Theo has to wait," Jace said. "He'll be interrogated later in the day. But Dan wants to talk about us first."

"What?"

Jace pushed me gently into the bathroom and gave me a smile as he shut the door off. 

I took a quick shower and saw a pair of pants and a T-shirt being laid out on my bed. Jace was rearranging some books and magazines in the far corner of my bedroom and put it neatly on my study table.

 "Hey, you're done," he said as he approached me, the smile remained on his face. Hearing his voice sent a sense of euphoria inside of my body.

Jace placed his hand on my chest. He stared into me with his brown eyes, draining blood from my brain away and I felt like fainting again.

He bent lower and put his lips on mine. I trembled and afraid if I might fall so I took hold of his biceps to steady myself. I closed my eyes and moved my hands to grab Jace's face, urging him to kiss me harder even if it might suffocate me by doing so. I wanted him more, and that's when the guilt squalled in my chest.

I pulled away and panted hard, refusing to make eye contact with my mate.

A memory sparked some pain and guilt in my heart. Tears stung my eyes.