CHAPTER 12

〈Escaping Alone〉

【ERIKA】

It was dark by the time Erika woke up. The only sounds were of peaceful breathing and a quiet ticking of the clock.

Kurapika's head was no longer on her head, but tilted to the left. This gave her the escape she desperately needed.

She quickly got up from the couch and silently headed to the upper right corner of the confined room. Glancing at the clock from the corner of her eye she sighed.

27:34 more hours. That gives me 23 more hours to escape.

Making a tiny, dim fire she looked at the shadow it made. Small but she could fit.

Erika's body glowed with aura as she used her ability to slip into the dark shadow.

"Escaping Shadows"
She muttered silently.

Her body took the form of a wispy female and she disappeared through the darkness, slinking from wall to wall then through the cracks in the walls.

Erika felt hesitant as she left her companions then she checked her clock. It was an all time low for her and she wasn't allowed to slack off on a mission.

Ridding herself of her cheery counterpart and slipping into a killing calm, Erika's shadow continued to slink and slip through the walls until she made it to the final door.

She released herself from her shadowy form and took on a physical one. The stone passageway opened up and a speaker began to voice.

"8th place, #73."

She grunted loudly, Hisoka smirked and gave her a sideways glance. She noticed Pokkle, the arched boy, look at her weirdly. Erika glared back with eyes like daggers. Pokkle immediately looked away.

The hotheaded, purple haired girl then took a place next to Hisoka and his ticking friend.

When she sat down Erika noticed the familiar aura that came from the disguised freak.

"Illumi Zoldyck, of the powerful assassin family, what a pleasant surprise. I didn't think you would come here. Is it because of Killua?"
She muttered, loud enough for him and Hisoka to hear.

Illumi clicked and looked at her. Enough of a response for Erika to accept.

"Hmm, where are your... Colleagues?"
Hisoka asked, creepily.