CHAPTER 9

A False Spider

• • •

【ERIKA】

Erika rolled her shoulders, loosening the muscles. She then stretched out her fingers and arms.

Ekli examined her carefully with a watchful eye looking for any hint of attack.

Erika had found out that Ekli used daggers and knives, she was an assassin who was finally caught as she was sleeping in the forest, and she was charged with 14 murders.

Luckily, Ekli wasn't observant enough to gain any useful information about her though.

Soon one of them would die. Erika also found out from Kurapika that the criminals would attempt to buy time to gain more years away from their original requirement.

Only 6 minutes had passed. Assessing her options Erika decided on pushing her of the edge.

She lunged.

Before Ekli expected it she was soon off the edge of the platform and landed on the ground with a splat.

After looking over the edge she confirmed that the girl was dead. That made the score 1-2.

What a fortunate human. I had to kill her so quickly, she hasn't suffered enough...

Erika ambled away from the edge looking as distraught as possible. She pushed herself hard enough to actually let a few fake tears roll down her cheeks.

She strolled to the narrow stone aisle that connected her to the separate platform where her friends, and Tonpa, waited for her.

She was greeted by a grim Kurapika and a tense Gon. Wiping her fake tears, Erika motioned for Kurapika to head onto the platform.

He did as he was told, looking back once at her. Erika felt a bit warm... In her face region.

She quickly averted her gaze and waited a moment before looking back.

Kurapika's opponent was a large blue messed up Frankenstein, uglier too. He had a screw in his head, big bulging eyes, crooked teeth, green...hair?

"You're scared aren't you?"

The deformed Frankenstein mocked Kurapika, who obviously wasn't frightened even a bit.

"Not in any way.."
Kurapika replied.

"Oh you will be when you see this!"

Deformed Frankenstein turned around. On his back was a large 12-legged Arachne without a number.

Erika stiffened, tensed, and boiled.

How dare that ugly creature impersonate a spider? How dare he lie about something so... Horrible. He doesn't even have a number! B-but what about Kurapika? And his tribe story?!

She faced Kurapika, who too, was boiling. But she noticed something strange, just like her hair was starting to become amber at the tips and her eyes were changing, Kurapika trembled with rage and his eyes, too, were changing into a sort of crimson.