CHAPTER 5 Frenemies, Part-1

【KURAPIKA】

Kurapika felt strangely relieved as he saw Erika emerge from the fog.

Realizing he actually felt relieved his cheeks reddened.

He went over to her in attempt to ask what happened but she seemed distant and worried.

He smiled faintly at her even though she was totally oblivious to the fact he did.

When she saw his face it seemed she was studying him.

Kurapika slightly tilted his head in curiosity. What was she doing?

He then noticed that Erika caught note on her actions. She apologized.

"I don't mind Erika."

【ERIKA】

The enormous front gates of the giant wall screeched open as Satotz turned to leave.

He vanished into the trees to who knows where.

The remaining participants streamed into the area. There were steel countertops with cutting boards, knives, and ingredients. In the back of the countertop was a roaster with a metal handle.

At the front sat a GIANT man with black hair and a women with a big bust, green hair, and toned skin.

When Erika's eyes landed on her face she almost screamed. Instead, she made a tiny noise that most people with good hearing could probably hear.

Gon, Killua, Hisoka, and the green-haired woman looked in her direction.

"M-M-Menchi...?!"
She spurted out, suprise barely hidden from her features.

Menchi studied Erika closer before her eyes widened.

"Erika?!"
Menchi gushed out.

Then she smiled, like a predator.

"I thought you said you'd be a hunter before me?"
She mocked, in front of everybody.

"Be quiet! Not in public!"
Erika shouted desperately.

"I remember it like it was yesterday. Us training in those harsh conditions together to get sensei's acknowledgement. We would fight over everything."

Basically everyone was staring now while Erika glared at Menchi.

"And I also recall a certain girl saying, "I'll become a hunter before you and wave the license in your face!""
Said Menchi in her worst impression of her ever.

"I sound nothing like that, you donkey."
Erika replied.

"Awh Eri-chan, your as cold as ever. So, what did happen to you."
Beamed Menchi.

"I changed my mind about becoming a Hunter to pursue.. other.. occupations."
She said. It was mostly true. When she joined the Phantom Troupe she still longed to become a Hunter but that dream was stampeded on with her job.