Chapter Six

Daryl's P.O.V..

"Samii, please wake up!" Harry cried as I approached Sam's now lifeless body, she was still breathing but she was unconcious and didn't show any signs of waking up just yet. The thought of losing her hit me hard, I know I haven't known her for that long but she really got to me, even though we argued most of the time she still did mean an awful lot to me. Harry's cries soon brought me out of my thoughts and I soon realised that we needed to get Sam to a safe place where we could try and patch her up.

"Harry, can you be brave and ride in Dale's RV please?" I questioned whilst leading him towards the RV. Harry climbed in next to Dale and didn't even say a word, I knew he was broken inside though so there was no need for him to see Sam in this state. I quickly walked back to where Sam lay and scooped her up in my arms, rushing towards my truck to lay her down. I opened the truck door and lay her down on her stomach making sure not to touch the metal and glass pieces sticking out of her back and legs. There was very little blood which could be a good sign or a bad sign but, at the moment I couldn't be sure which way it would go.

I slammed the truck door shut and slid down the side of it placing my head roughly in my hands. I felt a warm tear slide down my face as someone slowly sat down beside me.

"Leave me be." I growled.

"Okay Daryl." I heard a little shaky voice respond whilst slowly getting back up.

"Harry, wait don't go." I said quickly my voice a lot softer this time which made him smile walking over and placing hunself under my arm hugging tight to my side.

"Is Samii going to be okay Daryl?"

I looked down at his puffy red eyes and I didn't have the heart to tell him that she might not make it so I had to think of a way to comfort him with my reply.

"Well Harry, I don't think Sam is going to leave you on your own in this damn cruel world.  You are to important to her." I said ruffling his curly blonde hair.

"Samii want leave either of us Daryl." Harry smiled up at me and wrapped his arms around my torso.

"What do you...."

"Come on lets get a move on guys." Glenn shouted to us and cut me off before I could finish my question.

Harry slowly got up and made his way towards Dale's RV as I got up and climbed in to the drivers side of my truck. I picked up Sam's head gently and placed it on my leg so I could get in properly. I started the truck and followed behind everyone else, I had no idea where we were going to go now. I let my mind drift off to what Harry had said earlier, what could he mean by 'Samii want leave either of us Daryl.' I know Sam wouldn't leave Harry but why me? All I ever managed to do was upset her and argue with her.

My thoughts were interupted though when the vehicles infront of us just came to a sudden stop. I noticed we had reached the highway but something was wrong with the RV so it looked like we were going to be here a while. I placed Sam's head gently back on to the seat and jumped out of the truck making my way over to where the group had gathered.

"What's going on, why'd y'all stop?" I questioned whilst leaning against the hood of a car.

"The radiator hose has gone in the RV again. We can't move on just yet." Rick said looking back at my truck.

"We can't stop, I can't stop. I need to get Sam somewhere safe. She needs help." I explained trying to keep myself calm so I didn't scream in their faces.

"Daryl, the RV won't get through the build up of cars."

"Well I'm going, I need to get her to a safe place, the sooner the better." I yelled and quickly walked back to the truck. As I was about to open the door I felt someone tug the bottom of the shirt, I looked down to see Harry with puffy red eyes again.

"Daryl, please don't go, please don't leave me." He cried.

"Harry there is no room in the truck for you and I need to try and find somewhere to take Sam." I explained but he looked so upset with what I had said I just knew I couldn't leave him here with the group. I looked down but he was already walking away.

"Harry wait, You can come with me." I said. Before I could turn around Harry was running towards me and when he reached me he wrapped his arms around my legs.

"Thank you Daryl!"

"It's fine Harry, now come on."

I climbed in to the drivers seat of the truck and lifted Harry on to my lap. The only way for all of us to leave would be to drive with Harry on my lap, it may be dangerous but it was the onky way to go. I started the truck back up and I made my way through the mass build up of empty cars, I knew this was the best thing to do but leaving the group was hard.

As we left the highway things fell really quiet again, Harry had fallen asleep in my lap which made it hard to drive but I had to carry on. The same CD was still in the system from our journey to the CDC. I sat there listening to the album for a while until I heard the album start again, I never knew that this one song could mean so much to me. I relaxed back in to my seat and I let the words play over in my head.

There's something about you

I wanna rescue

I don't even know you

So what does that mean?

Maybe I'm cynical

Painfully logical

You're tragic and beautiful

And that's good enough for me

You're looking for a hero

But it's just my old tattoo

Tonight I swear I'd sell my soul

To be a hero for you

Who's gonna save you

When the stars fall from your sky?

And who's gonna pull you in

When the tide gets too high?

Who's gonna to hold you

When you turn out the lights?

I won't lie, I wish that I

Could be your Superman tonight

The words really did describe the way I felt about Sam, I wish I knew how she could make me feel this way. I was brought out of my thoughts when we came to what looked like a farm entrance, I looked around and I noticed a sign with the name Greene on it. This place looked untouched, maybe the people here could help us maybe we were in luck this time. I took the truck up the drive and came to a stop infront of a huge white farm house.

This was it, here goes nothing!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note...

Hey guys thank you so much for everything! You guys are Awesome! So what do you think of the story so far??
Please let me know what you think so far and all of your own ideas and everything!!

So in the next couple of chapters I plan to come away from the actual origional The Walking Dead story line. I want to make this alot more origional on my behalf :)!!

Please guys can you SHARE THE STORY AND SHARE THE LOVE!!?

As always guys can you please!!

Follow
Vote
Fan
And Comment!!

Thank you again guys!! Woo

Keep it real Normanites ;)!!