Chapter Two

Daryl's P.O.V..

What have I done? Why did I say them things? Will they ever forgive me? These three questions kept repeating over and over in my head as I watched Sam turn and walk away. I just wanted to run after her and say sorry but I just couldn't move, I couldn't show her how much it hurt that she walked away from me. My damn brother is still causing problems even though he isn't here, he could have waited but Merle being Merle had to be impatient and cut off his own hand!

I walked over to the door that Sam had just gone through and I let out a deep sigh as I opened it, everyone was facing me except for Sam, how can she make me feel all these different emotions at the same time? I only just met her!

"Ready to go now Daryl?" Rick questioned whilst looking rather anxious to go. 

"Yeah man, lets just get this damn thing over with." 

We started to make our way towards that scumbags camp when I noticed Sam start to slow down, why didn't she just let me carry Harry?! I walked quicker to catch her up but once I was at her side she turned her head to look straight on and carried on walking.

"Let me carry him Sam, you look tired." I stated whilst kicking some stones with my shoes. 

"No. You are not touching him, he's been through enough." she screamed directly in my face. "Why do you want to help a Dumb Bitch like me anyway?" She spat. She began to speed up to avoid me and before I could answer her Rick put his hand up signalling us to stop. We all knew that we were at their camp and I knew we wouldn't all be going in, I didn't want to leave anyone alone, especially not Sam.

"Dary, get sam and Harry hidden over there and then we can get Glenn." I looked over to Rick who had a demanding expression on his face. Usually I would refuse but now was not the time to be arguing. I sighed and took them over to a spot between a tree and the huge wall, I began to walk off in the direction of the group when I felt myself turning back to sam and Harry.

I cleared my throat ready to say Sorry but I didn't know how to say it ao the only thing I could say was completely stupid. "Stay Safe" I turned quickly so I didn't see her reaction, those were probably the two dumbest words I could have said to someone who I really annoyed just moments before. I had no time to think about this however because a hug metal shutter flung open, which revieled many men with guns in our direction. This could be the end.

Sam's P.O.V..

"Stay Safe." Before I could say anything back Daryl was already on his way back to the group. Everything was quiet and then there was a massive crash of what sounded like a metal shutter, I knew that the group was one step closer to getting Glenn when I didn't hear any gunshots. I looked down to see Harry lying awake in my arms shaking, I knew he had another bad dream so i sat him up infront of me and held his hands in mine.

"Samii, are we going to be safe now?" Ilooked over to see Harry playing with my fingers nervously. "I think we might just be little man" I said smiling as the group came around the corner with and unharmed Glenn and an almost full bag of guns.

As we were walking back to where we would be staying everone else stopped except me and Harry. I walked back to the group and quickly caught on that the van they had used to get to the city had been taken. 

"Who would have taken it" I asked. Rick was the first to speak. 

"Merle!" 

"Who is..." Before I could ask my question we had all staryed running in the direction of the camp, Harry and I began to slow down behind behind Rick and Glenn because Harry's legs couldn't take any more. I went to lift him in to my arms in order to catch them up but I could feel a pair of strong arms scoop him out of my grasp.