Chapter Four

The only noise in the car was Daryl tapping away to some more songs on the album. I let my mind drift off just thinking about the look in Daryl's eyes just a few hours ago, they weren't hard and cold like they usually were, they were alot softer now and became comforting.

The truck came to a stop outside a large protected building, assuming we had arrived at the CDC I quickly jumped out with Harry and started to walk towards the rest of the group. Rick took the lead and we followed him towards the big shutter at the front of the building, we passed rows of dead bodies and the air was filled with the smell of rotting flesh. After pleading at the door for about 10 minutes for someone to let us in, it started to get dark and we all knew it wasn't safe to be out in the open.

"Rick there is no one there" I screamed whilst we all started to walk away. 

"The camera it moved" Rick exclaimed. 

"You're seeing things, come on it's not safe out here" I turned as Rick went right up to the camera. 

"You're killing us" Rick yelled. We all turned to run to the cars when the shutters opened and we were blinded with a mass of light.

Rick led us inside and we were greeted by just one man alone with a shotgun. 

"Any of you infected?" He questioned. 

"One of our group was bit, he didn't make it." Rick responded. 

"I'm Rick Grimes and this is my group" 

"Dr. Edwin Jenner, Why are you here? He asked. 

"A chance" Rick blurted out. 

"That's asking alot these days, but you can stay, get everything you need once this door closes it won't open again."

Before Jenner could finish the sentance we were all running towards the cars to grab our things. I grabbed mine and Harry's backpacks and ran back towards the the open door with Daryl close behind me, I couldn't help but think that we were finally going to be safe. Jenner locked the door behind us and led us to a lift which we all slowly filtered in to it, it was a tight fitting but we all managed to fit in just about. My back was pressed up against Daryl's chest and I could feel his hot breath on the back of my neck, I had to try and ignore the tingles running through my body. I only met him yesterday and he was making me feel so many new feelings.

We all had to have a blood test to prove that we had not been bitten during the apocalypse. Andrea dropped to the floor just after the blood was taken. 

"She hasn't eaten in days, none of us have" 

"Do you have some food we can have?" I asked unsure where my confidence had just appeared from. Jenner nodded and led us towards a huge kitchen, he looked at us before speaking to us all. 

"There is plenty of food over there and there is wine in the coolers, just go and help yourselves."

We all sat down with a decent sized portion of food and some wine, I only had to small glasses because I had Harry but Daryl had two bottles and grabbed another one for later. After we all had eaten our food Jenner led us to the dorms, everyone else picked their rooms and left me and Harry to share the last room with Daryl. This should be fun.  

"You and Harry take the beds, I'll have the floor." Daryl said whilst slowly walking in to our room. 

"Noooo Daryl, I'll share with Samii, we all have a bed then." Harry whined with a huge cheesy grin on his face which made Daryl nod.

I jumped on the bigger bed if the two and it just molded to my shape it was just perfect. Before I go to comfy I wanted to get a book from down the hall. I put Harry to bed as it was dark and I quietly made my way towards the door. 

"Where are you going?" A deep voice called from the bathroom door. I turned to see a now clean Daryl with no shirt on.  

"I.. I'm... I'm just going to get.. uhh.. a book" I stuttered. Seeing Daryl's bare chest shocked me and his body was just perfect, his body was tanned and full of muscle just like a model.  

"Okay." Daryl laughed, damn he must have caught me staring at his body. I blushed and walked quickly down the hall in to the small rest room, i thought it was empty but Shane was sat on the couch with empty wine bottles around him.

I walked straight past him and grabbed a random book of the shelf, i turned around to walk out but I was met with Shane's muscular arms and chest. I looked around as he moved me from the book case and pinned me against a wall away from the door. Before I could react to his actions he pressed his hips against mine and began to kiss along my jaw line. 

"Shane stop, please." I cried. Shane stopped to look me in the eyes, when I looked in his eyes they were filled with lust and evil. I felt his hand reach near my hips as his lips crashed on to mine as he began to open my button and push my pants down.

I reached in to my pocket and put my hand on my small knife, I pulled it out and sliced the side of shane's forearm. Shane yelled in pain and I ran back to the bedroom and locked the door behind me. I threw the knife in to the draw next to my bed and crawled in to the bed next to Harry silently sobbing, Shane acting like that brought back so many unwanted memories from my past that I had pushed out until tonight.

I slowly began to drift off but Harry started to violently shake by the side of me. 

"Harry!" I called. "Harry please wake up." Now crying I trued to get him up I couldn't lose him not now. Daryl climbed on to mine and Harry's bed with his back facing the wall. I switched the little light on next to me so I could see his face.

"Don't wake him, put him back on the bed" He said whilst tapping the area where Harry lay earlier. I paused but agreed placing his shaking body back down, he never had a dream this bad, he usually woke straight up. I couldn't lose him now, he was my everything. Daryl rolled Harry on to his side and rubbed circles in to his back whilst stroking his hair. To my suprise Harry's breathing began to slow down and even out then his body slowly stopped shaking until he lay there silent and still.

Daryl slowly tried to get up but I grabbed his arm quickly. 

"Daryl, please don't go." I whispered. 

"Why?, Everything will be fine with Harry now." 

"I don't want to be on my own, not tonight. Please stay?" I said as tears streamed down my face. 

"Okay I'll stay but please, don't cry." He whispered whilst wiping my tears away with his right hand. 

"Thank you" I smiled as I reached over Harry and placed my hand on Daryl's bare chest. At first he tensed but he calmed down and relax and the sound of his breathing soothed me and sent me to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note..

So Daryl and Sam are on good terms.. How long will that last?

Will Sam open up to Daryl and tell him about Shane?

Keep reading to find out ;3

Thank you so much for reading this! 

Sorry I haven't updated for a while but I just started college -_- I have only been there a week but there is just so much work!!

I shall hopefully be updating the next chapter tonight or tomorrow! Either way it will be soon!

Don't forget to share with other people if you wouldn't mind :3!

Comment what you think of the book so far.. I know there isn't much to comment on yet.

Again Thank you all so much!

Vote and Comment please!!