Converse Sneeks and Vampire Teeth Chapter 5: Heels Over Head

Chapter 5: Heels Over Head

I awoke to the usual wrestling tournament going on and this time Luna and Ember were cheering on their favourite twin. Ember for Damian and Luna for Cameron, I was with Ember on this one, Damian had the upper hand. Cameron was more a lover. I thought again at the strangeness of how much different they can be. Cameron was less built than Damian and pretty much all he did was read old literature like Shakespeare, whereas Damian liked to skateboard, blow stuff up, and pick fights.

I also woke up to the sweet smell of sage... and there it was again... the oohming. My hand hurt a little so I looked over at it. There in my hand was the last thing that Aunt Jillian left on this crappy earth. I picked myself off the bed and realized that I'd fallen asleep in my clothes.

"FML." I sighed to myself. I headed to Chalice's room to do some damage control.

"Ohm... ohm." She droned on. She sat in the lotus position again on the floor with her eyes closed. What's even stranger was she was dressed in an all white dress looking thing and her brown hair was pulled back in a tight bun. To tell you the truth, this was how she normally acted, when we go to college she's going in for world cultures or something like that... yea... that's my cousin.

"Good morning Gandhi!" I said trying to hold back laughter.

"Oh, hello there Jade! How did you sleep?" I rolled my eyes.

"Shitty." She opened her eyes and did a double take.

"Did you sleep in your clothes?"

"Um... yea. So... are you going to school dressed like that?" I couldn't help but think about how she'd get called into the school's guidance office.

"Hell no!" I'm meditating hello! I'm going to be mourning, you can join me if you wish." I thought for a second.

"Um... Chalice... I don't think it's gonna make much of a difference whether I do or not." She opened her mouth to say something but then the door opened and Luna stuck her blond head in.

"Oh there you are, I'm having trouble navigating this house... I forgot there were rooms up here." She laughed. "Ember had to point me in the right direction." See our house is a little strange, our attic is huge so when I was little we re-modeled so that there were two rooms up here, I moved into one and now Chalice is in the other, and what's even better is the stairs are a metal black spiral staircase!

"Point is...?" Chalice asked. Luna sighed and stepped into the room, she was wearing teal skinnies and a white Hello Kitty t-shirt; her makeup was pink and blue reminding me of cotton candy. The kids at school called her scene; I called her a very colorful person who sometimes got annoying with her bubbly personality.

"Point is, is that Jeremy is picking me and Damian up so that's two less people to worry about." She glanced in my direction. "Didn't you wear that yesterday?" I sighed.

"Can't a girl sleep in her clothes and not have her motives questioned?" she gave me a look and disappeared out the door.

"Jeremy?" Chalice questioned.

"One of Damian's... friends." I brushed it off, it wouldn't become anything, Jeremy was a real ass-wipe. She shrugged.

"Whatchya got there?" she pointed to my hand.

"Um... well you see last night when you kinda threw a ball of paper at the door... and you know me, I can't just walk away from a mysterious ball of paper." Chalice shook her head.

"Jade you're rambling." I looked at the ground, the full effect of what I'd done hit me.

"I know, Alice don't be mad please." I handed her the note.