He Got My Name Right!

~~~~

Excuse the mistakes

Dedicated to XxRialler_HoranxX for making the lovely cover on the side! It is currently my phone background because I love it SOOOOO much!

~~~~

In the war between doing homework and procrastinating, the latter always seemed to win.

I glanced over at my abandoned economics textbook, which was still open to the page of homework questions I had yet to answer. I thought about reaching over and finishing them, seeing as it was almost dinner time and I also had to draft an English essay tonight in addition to the questions. However, it took a second for me to dismiss the thought because let's be honest; I'm a stereotypical teenager who would rather do something enjoyable than work on homework for the world's most boring class.

Maybe it was because of Ruby telling me about the portfolio competition a couple days ago, but lately, I'd been feeling particularly attached to my art supplies. I'd gone to the studio more often than usual to paint, and when I was home, I was working on sketches.

At the moment, I was using charcoal, which probably wasn't too smart because I was sitting on my bed without a towel or something down to protect my blanket and sheets. If my mom walked in on at me right now, she'd probably throw a fit and bitch me out. I mean, it would be totally deserved since I had been warned time and time again, but I honestly just didn't care.

I was using a picture of Olive and Lillian's hands while they were intertwined, which I'd used a lot to work on proportions, and as I finished the shading on one of the fingers, there was a knocking on my door. I frowned as I looked at the door, and I hesitated before calling, "Who is it?"

"Duke," the familiar voice called back, and I groaned. I debated not replying, but he already knew I was in here, and for some reason, I didn't think he would leave since he'd heard me.

"Come in," I replied reluctantly, and as my bedroom door opened, I adjusted my arm so that Duke wouldn't be able to see what I was working on, but I also wouldn't smudge the progress I'd made.

"Hey," Duke said quietly as he slipped into my room and shut the door. He leaned against my wall, and for a moment, there was an awkward silence. Ever since I slapped Duke in the school parking lot, he'd been trying to apologize and keep out of my way. I hadn't wanted a repeat of Duke showing up at the studio unannounced, so I had enlisted Olive to give me rides to and from the studio instead.

"Hi," I deadpanned, keeping my expression disinterested, and I asked, "Is there something I can do for you, Duke?"

"Uh, yeah," Duke said, scratching the back of his neck, "Your mom asked me to come and get you. Apparently, she has a surprise for us, and she seems really excited about it."

"Okay," I replied with a sigh, and I shut my notebook and placed it on my bedside table, along with the piece of charcoal I was using. Then, I kicked off my blanket, while being careful not to touch it with my hands, and I stood up.

That's when I felt the breeze and realized I wasn't wearing any pants.

"Let's party?" Duke asked, raising an eyebrow in amusement as he read the script on the front of my underwear.

"Fuck!" I squeaked, and I reached out towards Duke and grabbed his shoulders to spin him around. The charcoal on my fingers stained his light blue shirt, but I didn't care. I yanked open my door and roughly shoved him out into the hallway before slamming the door shut. I could hear Duke cracking up on the other side of the door, and my cheeks were burning with embarrassment.