CHAPTER THREE; Four Big Brothers and a Slightly Smaller One.

CHAPTER THREE

We do not hate as long as we still attach a lesser value, but only when we attach an equal or a greater

value.
- Friedrich Nietzsche.

Juliette

I watch Cas with a flipping stomach as he shovels another spoonful of cereal into his already full mouth. He looks perfectly content with his bobbing head, bouncing foot and heaping spoon of cereal. If you had just met him, you'd think he suffered from ADHD, when in reality, his physical ticks come from his curse. He has so much energy in his body that he has to get it out of his system. He can never sit still.

Perry walks into the room, a bounce in his step that soon disappears when he sees my queasy face.

"Scared?"

I reluctantly nod.

He answers this with a shrug and a pat on the head as he breezes past me and looks around the kitchen. It's fully stocked and a spacious place. Cas, Law and I sit around the grey granite island. Cas eating his food, Law drinking his coffee and me over-analysing every event that could possibly take place today.

"Where's the food?" Perry asks, and Law glances up from his book to point to a set of wooden cupboards. Law scratches the blonde stubble lining his chin before giving me a reassuring smile and looking back to his book. The eldest of my brothers isn't much of a talker, and with the least embarrassing long name of us all, he doesn't have much to be quiet about. He's smart, from all the girls that flock towards him I've deducted that he's good-looking, but quiet. He isn't shy, he's just more of a brooder than a joker like Cas or Perry, a sarcastic charmer like Sebastian or a strong leader like my dad and Zak.

It was the biggest shock of my life when Zak told us he was joining the army two years ago and dropping out of college.

The family still hasn't gotten over it.

Perry frowns and glances at the cupboard.

"What? No pancakes? No freshly squeezed orange juice or croissants?"

Cas, with his mouth full of colourful loops, shrugs his shoulders with a resounding; "Nope."

Perry sighs before slinking over to the cupboard and grabbing a bowl, a spoon, a box of cereal and a carton of milk from the fridge.

Sebastian waltzes in after that, hair wet from his shower and eyes drooping.

"Rough night?" I ask, taking in his haggard but satisfied appearance.

"No," Cas answers for him, both of them sharing a look. "Rough morning."

"What do you mean?"

Law sighs from the end of the island while Sebastian slides in beside me, robbing Cas' untouched glass of orange juice. "He means that Sebastian slept with some poor local girl last night and that he had to wake up early this morning to sneak out of her house and into this one." Law's lips tilt upwards a little. "Walking a few miles at dawn isn't the most relaxing thing."

Sebastian smirks, the closest that boy ever gets to a smile.

Perry and I share our own look, both of us grimacing at the thought of Sebastian's active sex life. I'm disgusted, while Perry is envious. Sebastian being newly nineteen, and Perry being eighteen, Perry can almost taste the freedom Sebastian has. Just one more year of school and then he's free. We both are.

I sip at my water, trying not to think about school, when Dad comes in. Freshly shaved and in his new suit for work, he cleans up well. He grins at us all as he heads over to the coffee machine, and Sebastian lets out a long whistle.