Chapter 8: To Kukuru Mountain!

Hunter x Hunter (c) Yoshihiro Togashi

CHAPTER 8 : To Kukuru Mountain!

 ‘So, you want me to come on a wild goose chase to save this Damsel In Distress, little Ku-ru-ta?’

 ‘Yep.’

 ‘Okay, I’ll come. But as long I...’ Hisoka shuddered menacingly, then gestured at Gon and Killua, ‘...get to battle those two.’

 ‘Um... okay.’

 Hisoka nodded and went to book his private airship. Kurapica sighed.

 -All this trouble over a homeless teenager. If only there was another, quicker way to track down Genei Ryodan...

 '...ey. Hey, Kurapica? Hello?'

 Kurapica stumbled back to reality.

 'Yeah, what? Sorry.'

 'Well,' Gon started, 'We were just wondering why we need to save Saori.' Gon gestured at Leorio and Killua, who were still ushering passersby to their usual business.

 'She... is one of the best trackers in the world. Uh...'

 'What's a tracker?'

 'A tracker... to be honest, I don't really know. But I asked her if she knew where certain people were like...' Kurapica looked skywards to jog his memory. 'Neon Nostrade. She said that she was in her room at the Nostrade residence, trying to regain her prophecy ability. Which she is.'

 'Really? That's cool! Maybe she'd know where Ging is!'

 'I was going to offer that to you Gon, if you'd help me. She'd probably help. Saori doesn't seem to be... the unfriendly type. Compared to Hisoka.'

 'Somebody said my name~'

 Hisoka plonked himself down right next to Gon, who shifted uncomfortably.

 'Uh, when's your airship leaving?'

 'In a few minutes~'

 Hisoka licked his lips in a creepy manner, chuckling as he did so. Killua and Leorio joined the others by the couch.

 'So~, how are you all... faring~?'

 'Killua and I went to Neo Green Life,' Gon started, 'and we defeated many Chimera Ants there. Netero died, if y-'

 '-oh, I know, apple~. Fufufu. And you, doctor~.'

 'Uh... Do I have to talk to you? Like, can I-'

 'That's terribly rude~'

 'I have 2 months free from my studies.'

 'And mister Ku-ru-ta, you're OBVIOUSLY in love~'

 Kurapica recoiled, aghast. Then he coloured to the roots of his hair.

 'I have no romantic intentions with that hobo.'

 'Oh~ denial stage~'

 'WHAT? B-b-but...'

 'Tut tut~ My airship's ready~'

 And Hisoka walked onto the airship, leaving Kurapica in disarray.