Chapter 3: The Psychic

Hunter x Hunter (c) Yoshihiro Togashi

CHAPTER 3 : The Psychic

 Killua walked into the east wing of the abandoned building, which was where the girl resided. Upon walking in, a flute could be heard, its gentle tune uplifting the dreary surroundings.

 He walked towards the room that was emitting the sound. As Killua was about to open the door, it swung outwards and hit him full on in his face.

 ‘Anyone here? Strange... I could have sworn there was someone here...’

 The door slammed shut. Killua, winded from the door, tried opening the door again.

 ‘Oh! Sorry! I didn’t see you there! Are you... one of Kurapica’s friends? Gon or Killua? Come on in, sit down.’

 Killua came in, his Nen coming off in waves of resentment. He plonked himself down opposite the girl who had her face hidden behind a large book. The room was rather spacious, with an upturned table lined with a thin doona cover. There was a large window on the far side of the room. A discarded backpack lay in the corner. Killua’s eyes then rested on the girl.

 She had purple hair that went past her shoulder blades, dark to the point where it was almost black. Her skin had a caramel tan and her eyes seemed to be green.

 ‘Er, what’s your name?’

 ‘Saori.’

 ‘Sweet. And mine’s Killua.’

 Silence enveloped them both. Saori turned a yellowing page.

 ‘Um, Saori, who was that playing the flute?’

 ‘What flute? There is no flute.’

 ‘Right. And, um, are you really a psychic?’

 ‘That is for you to find out.’Saori gave Killua a quick wink.

 Killua sat in silence, then proceeded to leave.

 ‘Oh yeah! Kurapica had said that there was a boy named Gon nearby. I wonder... if you could bring him here? Kurapica said that he had a problem.’

 ‘Of course.’