Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Tracy’s POV

It’s been 3 day’s since I have seen James, and our divorce is final. I am still in the hospital, but the doctor’s say that I can come home today. I still haven’t talked to Carl yet, he hasn’t called me or come to visit me,  but maybe he wanted to give me and James some time to talk.

A nurse came in the room.

“Tracy, you can go home now, I will get you unhooked from the needles, and you can get dressed and we will call somebody from your family to pick you up, and the doctor want’s to talk to you”

“Alright, can you call Becky? She is my oldest daughter and I don’t want Grace missing school”

“Yes I will, how do you feel about Grace being preagnat?”

“It’s overwhelming, I mean a 14 year old preagant?”

“Yeah it must be, alright you can go get dressed now”

I get out of bed and grab my clothes and get dressed. I walk back out and go sit on the bed, the nurse is still in the room.

“I just called your daughter and she is on her way, the doctor wants to speak with you before your daughter get’s here”, I will go get the docter”

“Okay”

The nurse leaves the room, I wonder what the doctor has to say?  The doctor comes back in the room.

“Hi Tracy, how are you feeling?” The doctor ask’s

“I’m doing great, can’t wait to get home”

“I have some bad news but we aren’t certain about it yet”

“What is it? Is something wrong with the baby? I’m only a week”

“Well the baby might be deaf from birth or it will get deaf as it grows up”

What? My baby could be deaf? How? Why?

“But why?”

“We believe that it has something to do with James, we looked back on his history and found out that he has a gene that could make the baby deaf, in your other children that wasn’t the case, but we aren’t certain”

“Okay, and we will know when it comes out?”

“Yes, alright that’s it, you just have to take it easy for a couple of days, other than that you should be fine, oh and you should come back for a check up in about 3 weeks”

“Okay, but I’m only a week, how can you tell if the baby is deaf or not?”

“We have our way’s”

“Okay”

The doctor leaves the room, and I relax and wait for Becky to come pick me up.

James POV

I ring the doorbell, and wait for an invite to come in.

“Come in” Ashley’s voice rang

I walk in her apartment and see her sitting on the couch,her apartment was small but big enough to fit two people, I would sometimes come here if me and Tracy had a fight, and I needed someone to talk to.

“Hey”

“Hey James, how is it going? Come sit down”

I walk over to her couch and sit down, she knows something is wrong, so she mutes the tv.

“What’s wrong? I know you didn’t just come here to visit”

“Me and Tracy got a divorce, and it’s final today and I got her preagnat”