Chapter 5: The Fault in our Stares -- or Glares

Dedicated to _katie.  The line “He can Danny my Schwarz anytime” still has both of us laughing.

Another picture of Ollie to the side -- any of you want to make us a banner? XD

Chapter song: Eminem’s Won’t Back Down ft. Pink

***Oliver's POV***

You can sound the alarm, you can call out your guards, you can fence in your yard, you can hold all the cards ... but I won't back down -- oh no, I won't back down. 

The two-beep tone rang through the school parking lot after I press the lock button on my Hummer’s remote control lock. I pocket the small square and swing my gym bag onto my shoulder, walking to the gym with long, angry strides.

Good thing Tinker-hulk wasn’t as observant as she thought she was or else I wouldn’t have slipped past her while she was doing the dishes.

I use my key to let myself in the gym through the side doors. Everyone on the swim team had been given keys so we could keep up with our training in the summer. I didn’t have a reason to come here -- not since there was a perfectly good pool at home.

But right now, home wasn’t where I wanted to hang out at -- especially since a particular blue-haired freak started claiming it as her own personal castle.

Did you know that wolves are territorial? They mark their area of the forest as if to tell the other wolves to fuck off and find your own place. Not like I’m gonna go and piss around the house or anything to drive her off -- but my house is my house. I’ve got free reign over it and no stupid fifteen-year-old know-it-all is going to come in and ruin that.

I walk to the boys’ locker room and practically smash the combination lock as I try to get my locker open. I dump in my gym bag, throw in my shirt, jeans and shoes and walk off to the pool in just the swim trunks I put on this morning, securing my goggles on my head as I walk.

I push the doors that lead into the indoor pool with more than the required force. I just feel like I needed to hurt something and the door got the brunt of my anger. I dive into the pool as soon as I’m a few steps away from it and waste no time in swimming the anger off. It had slightly simmered down when I was driving but it was now back full force. I slice through the water faster with each stroke until a stinging sensation starts traveling up my arms -- but I don’t give a rat’s ass about it.

There’s only one thing on my mind -- her.

She was supposed to be a Gertrude dammit! Not some know-it-all blue haired fifteen year old in a twelve year old’s body!

I complete a lap, slapping the tile wall as I turn in the water.

Who does that bitch think she is anyway? Ordering me to clean up? I wasn’t fucking joking when I said I’ve never lifted a friggin’ finger in my life.

I complete another lap.

I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth -- and I sure as hell know it. Me cleaning is like Miley Cyrus joining the nunnery. It’s just never gonna happen.

After twenty laps, the anger usually went down by now. But it was still pounding through my veins.

What the fuck were my parents thinking anyway? Hiring her of all the fucking weirdos who got kicks from staring at other people’s kids all day.

She was fifteen -- what the fuck would she know about babysitting? She was probably worse than me -- and that should be saying something.