XV

Quick lil thing here everyone

So we (danyulaintonfiyah + quantum-leaps) are co-writing another book, but this time it's a 5SOS (and some occasional Phan) boyxboy one shots book! It'll be on this account, and we are accepting requests from you guys about what you want us to write! So please please please show us some love and check it out?

Right on with the chapter now

Luke stumbled his way downstairs, tugging at his collar to make it sit right. He was really tired, after spending most of the night worrying about whether Ashton was okay. He hadn't spoken to Luke at all yesterday, and had completely avoided him during and after dinner. Luke had no idea what he could have possibly done to make Ashton act like this, but he was going to find out.

He made his way into the kitchen, where everyone was already sitting at the dining table helping themselves to some breakfast. Luke poured himself a bowl of cereal and sat down, eyes glued on Ashton as he ate. The boy looked distracted, stirring his cornflakes around in his bowl lazily as he dazed off into distance. He looked completely zoned out, and Luke imagined he was pretty nervous. Today was the day of his first therapy session, after all.

Luke then glanced over at Michael and Calum briefly, furrowing his eyes when he saw Calum was just staring at his dry toast, not taking a single bite. Michael nudged him and nodded at the piece of toast, but Calum just shook his head and said something. Maybe he was feeling sick? Luke kinda hoped not, because they shared a room and Luke never got sick and wasn't prepared to end that streak.

When everyone was cleaning up their dishes and busily getting ready for school, Luke saw Ashton slip through the crowd of kids and rush upstairs. And Luke knew exactly where he was going.

He made his way up the stairs and into Michael and Ashton's room, giving a sad smile to the wardrobe door that had just shut itself. Luke slowly made his way over, so that he didn't startle Ashton, and gently knocked on the door. "Can I come in, Ashton?" There was no response for a couple seconds, but then the door opened ever so slightly, signalling to Luke that he could in fact come in.

The tall boy slid down the back wall of the wardrobe, sitting himself right next to Ashton. The two just sat in silence for a minute, neither saying anything. The tension that filled the tiny space made it feel even smaller.

The painful silence, however, was ended when Luke spoke up. "A-Ash, what happened?" He was definitely nervous for Ashton's answer, because the boy could either take the question as 'what happened at breakfast before' or 'what's been happening over the past few days', and Luke wasn't sure which one he wanted the answer to.

He didn't get an answer, however. Ashton just sat there, messing with the ends of the sleeves of his school jersey out of a nervous habit. They were fraying slightly at the ends, and Ashton somehow found comfort in messing with the loose ends. But, then he made the mistake of looking at Luke. The boy had these big hopeful eyes, and Ashton could tell that his own face was the epitome of sadness right now.