Chapter 6

Conan's P.O.V.

This bathroom... the end of the hall on the left side of the screen... the projection room and stairs are on one straight line. I still don't understand. Why did that person come here? Why?

I went inside the women's bathroom without actually thinking about it and went to look at the mirror.

"It's hard to believe that you're still so calm." I jumped in surprise for the billionth time today.

"Haibara! Gee. Stop giving me another heart attack!" She then sat on top of the sink.

"Yeah, yeah." She immediately dismissed my outburst.

"I get cold sweats every time I see myself like this." She blurted out.

"Huh?"

Ignoring my confused look, she continued. "And I will ask myself, 'who are you... really?'"

"Thanks to your amazing, wonderful invention." I looked at her with half-lidded eyes.

"I'm really sorry. I made you hide the truth about you and lie to others... even this loyal mirror-"
She stretched her hands and touched the mirror. "Won't reflect your true form."

Reflect

I laughed internally.

"Thanks a lot, Haibara Ai!" I shouted, truly meaning It and ran off.

So, that's how it is! I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner. How foolish of me. Even a grade-schooler can solve this! So that's why that picture... If my deduction is right, then that should be here. I jumped and went to the seat Seiji Haruta was once sitting on.

The unusual picture, the sudden change of temperature, the broken glass... everything makes sense now!

"Hey, little boy! HEY!" I simply ignored them and continued on. I crouched down and then... found it! Cigarette and cigarette ashes and the other seat in front of it... footprint! The murderer is that person. That person murdered Seiji Haruta. The clever use of this dark and stage property-filled room.

-----------------

"What?" Hakase looked at me.

"You already know who the murderer is? Really, Shinichi?" He asked with a low voice.

"Yep! I even know that person's special technique to create the fake alibi evidence!"

"Now what do we do? I just arrived so I can't be the detective."

"Don't worry. Just tell them that you heard the whole thing from us!" I reassured him. "Just do this..." I whispered the plan and then saw that Haibara, Ayumi, Genta and Mitsuhiko are also listening. I continued on as they are also part of the plan.

As soon as I finished talking, I begged them to just follow me.

"How come you always solve these cases?" Ayumi asked me.

"You want to get all the credits?" Genta raised one of his eyebrows. Gee. It's not my fault that I was able to find out, you know?

"If you keep this up, you'll lose your friends." Mitsuhiko said.

I sighed but then winked at them. "Cheer up! You are going to perform a special task this time!" As expected, their mood became cheery.

"Alright, listen carefully."

---------------

3rd Person's P.O.V.

"Inspector! The company of the victim's employees said that he's really upset these days and gets mad at almost everybody! So he came here to create trouble." A certain detective called Takagi said to Inspector Megure.